Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Display Size Only As I Loaded It

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Im having the same problem, the uploaded image is being used for all 3 image sizes and doesnt create the _MED and _LRG versions. When clicking the properties of each different image, the same file isbeing used in the images/ folder, no sign of images/large or images/medium in the url.

It's like the first version of osCommerce...

Check this link:

http://www.mustangireland.com/index....ndex&cPath=169
    ZC doesn't create the _MED and _LRG files for you - you have to do that on your own. You should take a look into Image Handler 2 if you'd like it to be handled on its own :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by samad64 View Post
    ZC doesn't create the _MED and _LRG files for you - you have to do that on your own. You should take a look into Image Handler 2 if you'd like it to be handled on its own :)

Are you sure? I was using v1.2.6 before v1.3.7 and it automatically made the _MED and _LRG versions and there wasn't any mod added to it...?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Are you sure? I was using v1.2.6 before v1.3.7 and it automatically made the _MED and _LRG versions and there wasn't any mod added to it...?
    No it didn't - but if you did not optimise images to the correct dimensions then you may have thought this.

For example, if you had 100x100 and 200x200 set for your small and medium images respectively, but all the images you uploaded were in reality 500x500 pixels, then ZC would have displayed what you thought was the small image (but which was really the quality of the large image) for all 3 sizes. So in fact, it wasn't the "small" being expanded to the medium and large, but actually the "large" being squeezed down to the medium and small dimensions - but with the filesize of the large.

Confused - I am, and I KNOW what I'm trying to say!

And fran - as an example, you DON'T seem to have http://www.mustangireland.com/images...uarter_LRG.jpg
    Last edited by Ryk; 27 Feb 2007 at 12:18 AM.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryk View Post
    No it didn't - but if you did not optimise images to the correct dimensions then you may have thought this.

For example, if you had 100x100 and 200x200 set for your small and medium images respectively, but all the images you uploaded were in reality 500x500 pixels, then ZC would have displayed what you thought was the small image (but which was really the quality of the large image) for all 3 sizes. So in fact, it wasn't the "small" being expanded to the medium and large, but actually the "large" being squeezed down to the medium and small dimensions - but with the filesize of the large.

Confused - I am, and I KNOW what I'm trying to say!

And fran - as an example, you DON'T seem to have http://www.mustangireland.com/images...uarter_LRG.jpg
    Yeah i understand you...

I must have installed that image mod on the v1.2.6 site @ www.savanogroup.com

I copied that site over to the mustang ireland site and the image uploader wouldnt work anymore so i had to update to v1.3.7. The images upload now but they dont automatically resize. Weird to think that all those versions later and Zencart doesnt do this as standard even though it has other better features than osC...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12