Plugin Contributions

Default 0 quantity products wont deactivate

Hi all,
    I am try ing to get all of my 0 quantity products to have OFF status. I have gone to configuration>stock and changed the option that says what status you want 0 quantity products, 0 being OFF, and 1 being ON. But all of my 0 quantity products are still there. Is there a permission I need to change or something?
    Thank you,
    Sean

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 0 quantity products wont deactivate

The switch you are using is for when a product is purchased and goes for > 0 to <= 0 ...

To do what you are trying to do you can run an update on the database to turn off the products in the Tools ... Install SQL Patches ...

PHP Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_status0 WHERE products_quantity 0
    This will disable all products with a products_quantity of 0 and they will not show in the Catalog ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajah,
    WOW! Like magic. Is there a simular spell for 0 price? If I use EP to update product quantity will it turn them back on? Is there an opposite patch to remove it to update quantities/inventory? Boy if you have the time I put up another post a little while ago about not being able to access admin>catalog>categories/products after installing image handler2. I dont really recall where I put it up, but it was a new thread not long ago.
    Thanks for helping me out. Its frustating but that is what makes it fun too.
    Sean

Plugin Contributions

I don't use Easy Populate ... but if you do not have it set to enable the products they will not magically turn on ...

A few things to watch for is to ensure that you have a master_categories_id and the products_sort_order is recalculated after an import ...

Many import programs neglect these fields ...

To run a similar command to turn off products_status based on products_price is 0 ...

PHP Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_status=0 WHERE products_price=0
    Note: depending on how you are doing your prices, a price can be 0 but the product not be 0 with the use of attributes ...

NOTE: always backup your database before performing any function or update that affects the database in this manner to be able to undo what ever you just did ... or you will be doomed ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a lot. You have been very helpful. I will experiment a bit and I hope to get the results I am looking for.
    Sean