Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Database problem - please help!

Im sorry for bringing this up again, since there are so many posts about this already, but by following the instruction in those posts, my site still doesnt work.

Im running 1.3.6 on Ix Webhosting. Its been working for over a month now, but today I get: 0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I havent changed any settings either in Zen Cart or in MySQL. I have checked the configure.php files, and the username and passwords match those in MySQL. I even made a new user and tried that, but it still didnt work. I had the same error sometime last week, but then it was fixed pretty quickly. Today I chatted with someone there, and they said it would be fixed within a short time. Two hours later I again contacted them, and they said the MySQL database was working fine. Well.. I still cant connect, so I guess they must have messed up something? I think they have been updating stuff on their site, so maybe that has messed things up for me?? Ive contacted them, but still not reply..

The address is www.nybarbert.no

Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database problem - please help!

You're not the only ix webhosting company customer posting here today about problems with their service. Here's another example.

This rather suggests that it's their problem and not something that you have done or can fix.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply!

I hope they fix it soon.. 5 hours and still no reply and their live chat claim that things are working fine, and then tell me to write a ticket, which I already have done... Its been offline all day, so if this isnt fixed by tomorrow Im switching hosts!

Plugin Contributions

I got this message from their support: "We apologise for the inconveniences. We ahve tried to access www.nybarbert.no and did not find ant link Zen Cart ,therefore could not repliacte the problem at our end. Please provide the exact URL from where we can access the Zen Cart, so that we can investigate into the issue and get it fixed."

What URL should I provide them so that they can try to fix the problem?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As a result of the failed database connection, it's automatically redirecting you to this:
    http://www.nybarbert.no/nddbc.html

That's probably confusing them.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I told them this, but I dont think the guy in the support chat understood it. When I now try to access the site I get this error:

1054 Unknown column 'host_address' in 'field list'
    in:
    [insert into whos_online (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, host_address, user_agent) values ('0', 'ĄGuest', '51333d3b99c2bbb45558d24c20377c8d', '129.240.156.81', '1169460562', '1169460562', '/', 'OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS', 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; InfoPath.1)')]

What does this mean? I havent changed anything, so it must be someone at Ix webhosting who has changed things? The store has not been working for over 24 hours, and they still havent fixed it

Thanks so much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database problem - URGENT please help!

I checked the MySQL server and it says it has been running for 17 hours... I created it in november, so how can this be? Have the people at IX actually deleted my entire database???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database problem - URGENT please help!

The problem was created by your Hoster and they are the ones' to fix it.

It does look like db corruption has occured. Hopefully, you or your Hoster has a recent backup because that is probably the only way you are going to (easily) fix the problem.

Plugin Contributions

You must have a database there, otherwise you wouldn't be getting the 1054 Unknown column error. The server info suggests instead that their MySQL server was rebooted 17 hours previously to when you checked. Re-booting the server is obviously a service interruption and to be avoided if possible and further evidence that they have been having some problems.

But there's something else here that we need to get to the bottom of. What you appear to have on your site at the moment is a default installation of osCOmmerce put there yesterday. Is this you or your host?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I just noticed that. OsCommerce was put "on" in the panel, but I did not do this. I have no idea why they did this... Im just hoping their support can finally send me a reply and solve the problem ASAP.

I dont have a back-up of the database, only the site itself... Really hope Ix has a backup. Dont think they would update their servers without backing up everything?

Thanks for the replies!
    Last edited by Vralteladden; 22 Jan 2007 at 01:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast