Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Error 10004

I have just installed the Paypal Express module and set up my paypal account to use the live express checkout. I have updated all the Paypal code in Zencart with the patch valid to 20th January. I checked the upload three times to be sure it went online and overwrote the files.

When not logged into Zencart, I buy a test product and got tp Paypal Express Checkout. It brings up a login box for me to login to my Paypal account. WTF? I am asuming it is because the cookie has been set by Paypal on my machine, so it recognises I have a Paypal account. Is this correct?

Second part of the problem: I login to zencart having created a test account then use Paypal Express. This time I get the following error message from Zencart:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (10004)

So what does that mean? How do I solve it? I read about posting log files but how do I get them and do they contain any sensitive data which should not be posted onto the forums?

By the way, this only happens if I go through normal checkout process. If I click the Paypal Express button at the start of checkout it goes to the Paypal site and asks for my login info.

Thanks for any advice
    Last edited by bekinky; 23 Jan 2007 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Added some extra info which is important to know

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Error 1004

Your URL to see the problem?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Error 10004

In addition to seeing the URL of your site, it will be helpful to see your debug logs.
    They're located in the /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs folder.
    Most truly sensitive information is already obfuscated within the logs, so your passwords and signature keys will not be shared.

The logs that need to be seen will contain the (10004) error as an LSHORT_MESSAGE0 value. We need to see the LONG message to know the rest of the details of the problem you're encountering. This will likely point to some sort of invalid data being submitted, and thus the "Request" data array is needed in order to evaluate the cause.
    By the sound of "when" you're saying this occurs, the SetExpressCheckout call is most likely the one that needs to be shared, but more may be useful. You could zip the several log files for easier sharing.
    If you're concerned about privacy, please password-protect the ZIP and send me the password via PM.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have just checked the log files so I can post them here and they are empty. I have not received an email with anything in either. The setting in the admin is to log and email me - but nothing arrives.

I will PM my details over if you want them - I don't want to put the site url onto a public forum because it gets indexed by Google I am told.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well, I can't do anything to help without further information.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am still having problems with this but the debug log files are showing empty. They are active in admin but nothing is being written to the log files. I am not getting an email either. Is there something else I should be doing to make this work or at the least to get the log files?

Plugin Contributions

Forget it. I am not going to bother with paypal Express. It is just far too much hassle sorting it out and maintaining it. I probably will get a proper merchant account. For a supposedly simple cart to install and set up Zencart is not as easy and "out of the box" as it promotes itself to be.

Neither of the new Nochex and Paypal systems seem to work properly with Zencart which does indeed seem to be a big shame and a big let down