Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin logon just keeps repeating....

What might have been broken...

The host never really did come out and tell her what the problem was.. They just moved her directory to another server and at first it wasn't working the the DNS needed time to get updated....

I knew it wasn't the browsers.. We tried 3 different machines with two different browsers on each one....

Thanks again....

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So, you're saying there is no longer a problem ?

Most likely the "sudden" "break" and subsequent sudden "fix" suggests that the problem was caused by something the hosting company has been doing with your server.

Either that, or you're accessing from a browser whose cookies and cache have been cleared and thus an unexpected hiccup is cleared.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbunch View Post
    What might have been broken...

The host never really did come out and tell her what the problem was.. They just moved her directory to another server ...
    Most likely a PHP configuration problem, and most likely related to session handling.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply...

Just trying to learn more about the workings of PHP and CSS...

I love the CSS concept.. Just a pain trying to get an HTML editor that I can figure out.....

I love it though.. very nice piece of software...

Most likely a PHP configuration problem, and most likely related to session handling.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Admin logon just keeps repeating....

I'm having a similar problem on Dreamhost. Admin Logins get routed right back to the login page, as does attempting to access any page in admin.

Customers can't login either, login attempts get routed back to the home page (and login has not succeeded, they get a "log in" link, not a "log out" link.

I'd love it if things just started working, but just in case, what kind of session handling issues should I be looking for? The store has been running without a hitch for over a month now--is there some maintenance, perhaps clearing out of old sessions, that needs to take place?

Thanks for any help that's out there--we're dead in the water as it stands.

Plugin Contributions

Just in case someone's out there reading this thread, the source of the problem was an upgrade to PHP 5.2, which has a bug affecting Zen Cart. There's a workaround in this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50534

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that the bug in php 5.2.0 was the problem ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Im experiencing this very problem tonight. I installed zen cart from Fantastico, on my new host, and for the life of me cannot log into the admin page.

In addition, randomly, the first page will load to display the welcome screen, and then when I return to it, I see an MYSQL error:

Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_SORT limit MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUC' at line 7
    in:
    [select p.products_id, pd.products_name, products_date_available as date_expected from zen_products p, zen_products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_status = 1 and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_date_available >=20070601 order by EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_FIELD EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_SORT limit MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS]

Help me, please...

Plugin Contributions

Check your configuration table via phpMyAdmin and look to see if you have the configuration_keys for:
    MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS
    EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_FIELD
    EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_SORT

And see what the configuration_value is set to ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_FIELD is set to date_expected
    EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_SORT is set to desc
    MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS is set to 10

---

The strange thing, is that sometimes it will load the page, and display the welcome screen, other times it shoots this error message.. .

http://crypticimports.com/store

Thanks in advance for any additional insights. I had it working wonderfully the first time I installed it on another account, same server, shared ip (Roundberry). So, I ran the Fantastico install on this account, and all seemed to go well until I tried to log in to the admin. Then, the OTHER server began doing the same thing..

Scratchin' my head tonight..

Scott

Plugin Contributions

Get a clean download from our Download link above and load it to your site ...

Then get the latest patch for PayPal:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Then get the latest update for USPS changes for the May 14th new server and prices:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65732

This will hopefully ensure that you have all of your files loaded correctly ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast