Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Newsletter won't send in HTML

Admin gets emails just fine but I cannot send Newsletter emails in html format...the preview is fine, but it is recieved in plain text with the html stripped out. I have read everything I can find but can't find anything that solves the problem. Also the Admin email comes as plain text and also I have an account with a different email addy and it comes in plain text so I know the customers are getting plain text also. It's not just Admin email.

Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Send MIME HTML Email ....is set to TRUE
    Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Admin Email Format .... set to html

Any ideas why the email sends in plain text?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter won't send in HTML

1. What version of Zen Cart ?
    2. What is your "Email Transport" method set to ? What happens if you try other options?
    3. If you change the setting for "Email must send from known domain", does that help?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

1. Zen Cart 1.3.6
    2. sendmail...I can send an email to an individual customer as in Tools/Send Email and it sends just fine in html and is recieved just fine as html. So there's nothing wrong with the way it sends email therefore I don't want to mess with those settings.
    3. tried that, no

Since all other types of email sends just fine as html and is recieved just fine as html, seems to me the problem is in the newsletter section somehow...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    1. Zen Cart 1.3.6
    2. sendmail...I can send an email to an individual customer as in Tools/Send Email and it sends just fine in html and is recieved just fine as html. So there's nothing wrong with the way it sends email therefore I don't want to mess with those settings.
    3. tried that, no

Since all other types of email sends just fine as html and is recieved just fine as html, seems to me the problem is in the newsletter section somehow...
    Mine is the same the HTML previews OK but gets lost en-route, I've tried it using the HTML form in the admin and by building an email first in the Coffeecup editor, niether works.

I sent them manually through Outlook Express now, bit of a chore but it's the only way it seems.

Regards Steve

Plugin Contributions

I sent mine out and then found out it had stipped the the html...really embarrassing to the customers. Do you know how many hours it took to go thru every single customer information to make up a list of who is subscribed and who is not so I could send it out manually...yikes!
    Guess there's no fix for it....so I removed it and put my own "Notify Me of New Products" form on the front page.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Some mailservers appear to strip HTML unpredictably. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.

Exporting your email addresses to use in an external mailing program can be done simply with this addon:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=80

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My problem was that when I sent a newsletter to the admin it always arrived in plain text no matter what i tried. I fixed this issue by creating a customer with the same email address as the admin. Set the customer profile to HTML and now I can send HTML newsletters to the admin.

It appeared all the customers were getting the HTML newsletter when requested. It was just the admin that did not get it.

Seems strange that the settings has a spot to set the admin email option but it did not work. I am running 1.3.7 on Windows server.

Hope this helps. I searched the forum and did not find this solution.

Plugin Contributions

I created an account as if I were a customer so I recieved the newsletter as the admin and also to another email address as a customer....So I know the customers are not getting the email in html.....since this is a problem with no fix, I had to remove use of the newsletter and go thru each customer setting individually and find the ones subscribed to the newsletter to get their email addy. Now I send a newsletter using OE. But I had to set up a mailing list they can subscribe to on the front page of the store in place of a newsletter.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem and can't find a solution. Anyone? I've tried everything mentioned as well and still it's a no-go. Version 1.3.7 for me.

Plugin Contributions

For email or newsletters sent from Admin there is a potential problem with the constant 'EMAIL_ENCODING_METHOD' not being defined to '8bit'.
    To fix this, copy the file email_use_8bit.php from /includes/extra_configures/ to /admin/includes/extra_configures/
    Each folder should have a copy of the file..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast