Plugin Contributions

Default Fatal Error after FTP upload trying to run zc_intall

After uploading all the files to our server, creating both configure.php filse, then changing all the permissions.... I get the following message when opening up /zc_install in Internet Explorer...

"Fatal error: Class messagestack: Cannot inherit from undefined class tablebox in /nfs/cust/0/63/48/684360/web/zencart/zc_install/includes/classes/message_stack.php on line 11"

I'm new to all of this and am clueless what to do. I've verified that my host company is capable of hosting zen cart and that all versions are up to date. I've also verified that all files were successfully uploaded during ftp transfer.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal Error after FTP upload trying to run zc_intall

creating both configure.php filse
    By this, what exactly do you mean as you should not have to edit these prior to the install, only possibly rename the dist-configure.php files
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

That's what I meant... renamed both files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jtschrade View Post
    "Fatal error: Class messagestack: Cannot inherit from undefined class tablebox in /nfs/cust/0/63/48/684360/web/zencart/zc_install/includes/classes/message_stack.php on line 11"
    The way to read this error message is:

1. the "messageStack" class was being loaded via: /zc_install/includes/classes/message_stack.php
    2. it contains a reference to another class named "tablebox", which has not yet been defined at the time of loading this file.
    3. This means that the file which normally declares the "tablebox" class needs to be found and then figure out why it's not loading properly.
    4. "tablebox" is loaded by the /zc_install/includes/classes/boxes.php file
    5. Since the error didn't display when trying to load the "boxes.php" file, that suggests that the file does in fact exist .... but is most likely blank due to an FTP problem.

Re-upload the /zc_install/includes/classes/boxes.php file and try again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That worked perfectly. Thanks for the help. Looking into it a little further, it appears that while uploading using FileZilla, the file names for "boxes.php" and "class.installer_version_manager.php" were transposed, as their file sizes were switched.

On a personal note, it gives me a good feeling that I was right to choose ZenCart. I know that being new to this, there is going to be a learning curve. But I'd rather be able to chat with other users of the software who know more than me and are willing to share than pay to have to tech support department constantly avoid my questions or give me half-hearted answers. Long live the open code community!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Welcome to Zen Cart. Glad you're enjoying it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.