Plugin Contributions

Default [unconfirmed] Adding Products Results In Duplicate Items

Hey guys,

Let me know if this is a bug, or just something wrong with our site. We are using the latest and greatest version of Zencart.

1. Click the following link: http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/brmasu...-hot-c-33.html

2. Click the Add To Cart button on any of those items. That will take you to the Shopping Cart page. So far, so good.

3. On the Shopping Cart page, hit the "Continue Shopping" button to be taken back to the previous page.

4. *** Now hit any other "Add To Cart" button for a DIFFERENT item, and it will still add the same item you already put in your cart on step 2.

Looking at the links for the buttons, it appears that all of the Add To Cart buttons will add the same original item in your cart.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: BUG: Adding Products Results In Duplicate Items

...and if you turn off the SEO mod do things work properly?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [unconfirmed] Adding Products Results In Duplicate Items

*** Now hit any other "Add To Cart" button for a DIFFERENT item, and it will still add the same item you already put in your cart on step 2.
    It works fine for me. I did the process in different ways, different product, without any duplication.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    It works fine for me. I did the process in different ways, different product, without any duplication.
    Me too!
    Have you fixed it?

Plugin Contributions

Well, I wouldn't say that I FIXED it, since it isn't technically doing what it's supposed to do now.

I ended up editing the template so that when you hit the Continue Shopping button, it takes you back to the home page via a hardcoded link.

The way it should work is take you back to the previous page you were at before adding the item to your cart. However, taking them to the homepage isn't a big deal, and I thought it was an acceptable workaround.

I tried to see if it was the SEO module I was using which was causing the problem...but the same module worked fine on my 1.35 version of ZenCart...so unless I am missing some PHP fix that I forgot to apply, I have no idea why my store was behaving this way. Oh well...I can live with what we did for now.

Thanks for the help everyone!
    - Jeff