Plugin Contributions

Default Need to add extra page to the checkout process

My client sells items that can be customized with imprinted information.
    At the checkout I need to be able to add extra fields that have the imprint information, e.g., font, color, text, style, etc.

I would like for this to be on a separate page between payment information page and the order confirmation page.

I found Absolute's great explanation on how to add fields. I'll use that if I can't add a page. But I'd really like to add a special page just for the imprint info.

Any ideas on how this can be done, or where I can go for the info?

Thanks,
    Kathy

Default Re: Need to add extra page to the checkout process

From a designer's standpoint, I think you will find that added attributes to each product that can be customized will prove to be much more efficient for the shopper and more professional for your client. When a customer can see the item that they will be customizing they are more likely to make a purchase. An extra page during the checkout process is going to turn many shoppers off, resulting in no sale. Not to mention that the customer will not see the item they will be applying their customized information to.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to add extra page to the checkout process

FYI...

Those scenarios do not apply in this case, actually. This client sells imprinted calenders. Their customers buy one item, in large quantities, one time per year. And the extra page is for gathering imprint information. And, actually, they WILL be able to see it. In this extra page I am implementing a script that will allow for a preview of the layout before they finalize their purchase.

I have everything but the preview capabilities set up in an OSC version of the shopping cart. It is not causing a hardship for the clients because they need to provide that information any way.

But we are switching to ZenCart, so I need to recode this procedure all over again, in a better, more efficient manner.