Default Increase Size of Option Value Field

Is it possible to increase the size of the option value field? I went into the database and increased the size from 64 to 250, but when I try to increase it to 300 it gives an error that says:

Error
    SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `products_options_values` CHANGE `products_options_values_name` `products_options_values_name` VARCHAR( 300 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL

MySQL said:

#1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'products_options_values_name' used in key specification without a key length

What I was trying to do is have the option value, besides the name of the value, have a clickable link that says What's This that will open in a new pop up window. In order to get all the proper code in there I need the length of the option value to increase above the 250 that I was able to get it to. Any ideas?

Default Re: Increase Size of Option Value Field

I was able to solve this problem by using javascript instead of writing out the complete code in the option value name, but now there is another problem.

Using the Firefox browser, if you go to http://www.musclewithoutsupplements....roducts_id=186 and scroll down to the bottom, when you click on the name "Liquid Egg White Pump" next to the Add-on title to get a description of what it is, that box is automatically checked. The box shouldn't be checked until the person clicks the actual box. This does not happen with internet explorer. Does anyone know why this is happening, and if there is a way to stop it from doing that. I don't want people complaining that we tricked them into ordering that product.