Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Express checkout don't show button after installing Google Checkout

I have installed zen 1.3.7 but the paypal express button do not show in shopping cart. it can be seen in the payment as an option in the checkout. I don't know if having google checkout has something to do with the problem,

If somebody have an idea please enlighten me on how to solve this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express checkout don't show button

Quote Originally Posted by jgarabot View Post
    I have installed zen 1.3.7 but the paypal express button do not show in shopping cart. it can be seen in the payment as an option in the checkout. I don't know if having google checkout has something to do with the problem,

If somebody have an idea please enlighten me on how to solve this.
    you need to winmerge the template files. The google checkout module overwrites a file that the paypal express module uses, and that is a template file.

A few people have already winmerged them, one of which is chainman. Check the Google Checkout thread to see if you can find some better instructions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by samad64 View Post
    you need to winmerge the template files. The google checkout module overwrites a file that the paypal express module uses, and that is a template file.

A few people have already winmerged them, one of which is chainman. Check the Google Checkout thread to see if you can find some better instructions
    From http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=47318&page=47 :

I've found that , if you want to use PayPal Express checkout too, you will have to do a bit of merging the GoogleCheckout code into the new versions of the 3 template files found in includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates. All of the 1.3.7 versions of those files have PayPal Express modifications in them. I found it easier to modify tpl_login_default.php and tpl_shopping_cart_default.php from the new versions by adding the GCO code. With the tpl_checkout_payment_default.php it was easier to add the PayPal Express code as it was better documented.

From http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=47318&page=49 :

It is probably easiest to use winmerge to compare the two files. But I don't have that tool, so did it the hard way.

Essentially, it's probably easiest to start with the new 1.3.7 version as your base code. Search the comparable GCO version for "google". In two of the files, there are only a couple of lines in the GCO version. Copy and paste these lines into the 1.3.7 version. (I'm hedging about which files as I don't have them in front of me.)

In the third file, there is a lot more "google" in the GCO code, and it is well commented. I used this at a base and compared the 1.3.7 version, picking out the PayPal Express sections and copying and pasting them into the CGO version.
    I think either way would be about the same.

I placed all merged versions of the template files in the YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates folder, as specified in the Google Checkout mod. This will keep your mods in override mode and keep your 1.3.7 default template code intact.
    Last edited by chain_man; 3 Feb 2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Additional info

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the information, but I think that if I start with that I will mess up the whole payment process. if some one had merge the file and can post a link I will appreciate that.
    in the mean time I will only keep the google checkout

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express checkout don't show button after installing Google Checkout

Im having the same problem i didn't get on how to fix it, if somone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    !!!!$~~GadgetBlvd.com~~$!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express checkout don't show button after installing Google Checkout

Yep, same problem. I would like PayPal Express and Google Checkout to work together, but they don't like each other. Can I pay anyone to do the merge for me or do I have to do a frustrating all nighter?

Plugin Contributions

does anyone have any idea on how to help, I want to uninstall google checkout and when i start to delete files i get error pages, can somone tell me how to delete it?
    or if not at least tell me how to make the paypal pal express button appear with the split log in screen becuase after i installed google check out it took away the paypal button and it took away the split login page which i want back. Please help?
    !!!!$~~GadgetBlvd.com~~$!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pettiger15 View Post
    does anyone have any idea on how to help, I want to uninstall google checkout and when i start to delete files i get error pages, can somone tell me how to delete it?
    or if not at least tell me how to make the paypal pal express button appear with the split log in screen becuase after i installed google check out it took away the paypal button and it took away the split login page which i want back. Please help?
    view the files that google checkout changes/overwrites.. and upload the originals from the ZC package.. should take care of all those errors

you should be using the template override system.. if you didn't use it thats why you're having these problems . If the TOS was used and you deleted the google checkout files, it would revert back to the original file thats on the server :)

Plugin Contributions

If I am reading the various posts correctly - Google checkout will not work with PayPal Express (without modifications), however, will it work with the regular PayPal module? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The regular PayPal IPN module has no connection with any checkout template files, and as such is not impacted by such changes. Thus, it will likely work without conflict.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.