Plugin Contributions

Default A few tax-related questions

Heyas,

I'm having trouble setting up the right taxes for my store.. hopefully someone can help :)

I have a store located in Quebec (Canada) that will be selling virtual products only to Ontario and Quebec.

My first issue is that I have two taxe zones, one is defined as Quebec, the other as Ontario. I have one tax class which is "taxable service" and two tax rates, one for each province. The two rates add themselves even though they are defined for different zones. I have read about this problem before but I have not figured out how to solve it on my side.

My second issue, is that I want the tax to show only at the very end, when the custumer checks out. I don't want all the products and attributes to appear with the tax in them I want the tax to be applied on the custumer's billing adress, since I never have any shipping to do.
    I have put the following settings:

Display Prices with Tax false Display Prices with Tax in Admin false Basis of Product Tax Billing Basis of Shipping Tax Billing Sales Tax Display Status 0
    Now what happens is that whenever I add a product, it charges a Quebec tax on it. Same happens when I add an attribute. Then when the custumer checks out, it adds up the two tax rates from Ontario and Quebec at top of that! So at the end a product that the Net price was 100$ ends up being 142.19$!

I'm really confused. I played around with a lot with different settings and I only got confused even more..

I know there is a tutorial about setting up the right taxes for Canada, but I couldn't understand it troughtfully (I speak more French than English). Since I only need two provinces, I tried to adapt it to my situation...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A few tax-related questions

If someone could tell me what to do for the taxes to be shown only when the custumer checks out, it will resolve half of my problem.

Is it even possible to do?

Plugin Contributions

I tried to only work with once tax rate (Quebec) and what it does:

If I add a product with the Net price as 100$, it shows the Gross price as 113$ (which is right)

Then the product is listed at 113$ and when a custumer wants to checkout with it, it charges the Tax upon that, so it ends up at $126.64!

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind.. I solved the problem.

Plugin Contributions

What was the solution that worked for you?

NOTE: there is a known issue on Gross/Net display when multiple taxes are used that will be addressed in a future release ... this is only on the calculations in the Admin and is best to ignore for now ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Putting the two subzones in one zone folder, first.

Then the thing that was bugging me was that my default currency was CAD but it was set to 1.11... something, not 1.0. So every price I was entering was treated as USD and converted to CAD. I thought it was the taxes doing that...