Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: This transaction is invalid - Paypal express

Quote Originally Posted by n350zz View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Hi [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I also get a lot of emails (eleven in total)… I have listed all eleven as plain txt files in a zip folder.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Thanks[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]n350zz[/FONT]
    Your site is attempting to communicate with PayPal using an SSL connection (as required by PayPal, since you're sharing sensitive data with them), but your server cannot use SSL over CURL unless your webhost recompiles it to support SSL.
    The specific message, according to your logs, is:
    (1) libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not supported!
    You will need to resolve that problem on your host's server, or select another hosting company, before you can use this payment option.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    This appears to have been caused by a PayPal system update with a keyword change from SHIPTOCOUNTRY to SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE
    The fix is posted here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...003#post330003
    I just wanted to say that after applying this patch to fix the country code, I am getting the paypal orders again with no complaints of failures. I will keep knocking on wood, keeping my fingers crossed, rubbing my rabbit's foot, etc!

Thanks for the continual top-notch support!
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Oh praise the coding gods and goddess ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte

One last thing I have spoken to my web host and he’s telling me I need to purchase an SSL certificate for my web site privately and then install it into my control panel, but reading your reply I’m not shore if your telling me the same thing or suggesting that the cURL is installed with SSL disabled and my host needs to reconfigure the cURL settings 2 include SSL to get things working.

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but I’m really new to this
    Thanks
    Rich (n350zz)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Rich,
    Your host will have to answer that question for you too.
    It's possible that installing SSL to your domain may be sufficient to have their CURL application work, but I doubt it. The error message suggests that CURL is not "compiled" or "built" with SSL support, and thus cannot offer you any SSL/HTTPS communication support ... making it useless for sensitive data.

The "libcurl" error message discussed earlier does not necessarily mean that you need to install SSL to make things work. libcurl isn't "in" your own site ... it's part of the hosting server you're "on"... and if it's not setup right, you can't use it.

Don't let them make you buy a hugely expensive certificate either. Don't be afraid to shop around. They may charge to install it, but it only takes a minute to do it, so shouldn't need to be a huge cost. (now i'm digressing ... you can read more about SSL certs in other threads here, or elsewhere on the web)

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure if this is a red herring or not, but I had one United Kingdom customer tell me that when checking out using the ORANGE PayPal Express button on the shopping cart page, things work find.....but if she tries to checkout using the PayPal Express payment option on Step 2 of the checkout process, it doesn't work.

I can't verify whether that works or not, but I'm throwing it out there in case anyone else gets the same kind of feedback from their customers.
    - Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

that is a correct observation of the problem

Plugin Contributions

ok first pp ipn used to work with me but now it is giving the notorious "This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow." error...

I tried to install the latest three different patches (yes I rebooted from admin) but none of them did no good..

How can I fix this?!? this is really urgent so I definitely appreciate any help. I don't have SSL at the moment but I've been trying to get one from my host but their customer service isn't apparently the fastest one around...

many many thanks

Plugin Contributions

nevermind
    Last edited by poosk; 3 Sep 2007 at 07:04 PM. Reason: found it...

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone got more information than what is on this thread. I am also getting the log messages indicating that "libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not
    supported!"

I'm a little fuzzy on how the whole SSL certificate ties in to libcurl being compiled with SSL support. However in reading the CURL message, it doesn't sound like purchasing a certificate is going to do anything, since libcurl will still not have SSL enabled whether I have a certificate or not.

Another question is thus: Let's assume my hosting company fixes the libcurl minus SSL problem. Will I then need a certificate just to connect to PayPal's API?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast