Thread: Confused.

Plugin Contributions

Default Confused.

I have credit card information for a company...and I want to make it work. I go into the credit card area, activate it and all, but I can't figure out how to set it up to go to the right account...charge into their account. Where do I enter the information from the bank?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Confused.

You di not state what or who this is but normally there is your bank and you establish a merchant account with them and then use a gateway service to perform the online processing
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

You might need to install the module for your merchant account if there is one available, if not you might be able to clone and modify one to use. There are several already installed and available for use, otherwise check the downloads area for your processor.

If you are trying to use the credit card module already built in this is for prcessing cards manually offline. It will send you part of the credit card number via email and store the other part for you to retrieve and then process through your terminal either virtual/physical. This will not occur automatically, you will be required to do this to complete the transaction.

Plugin Contributions

All right. This is for realfood4pets.com (the shopping cart you can get to directly is NOT the zen cart, it's just a "tide me over.")

the shopping cart is located at http://www.realfood4pets.com/shop

And we got a merchant account to accept cards online...so now we need a gateway service? Will this cost my client extra? Or is this something the merchant account is supposed to provide?

Plugin Contributions

And we got a merchant account to accept cards online...so now we need a gateway service? Will this cost my client extra? Or is this something the merchant account is supposed to provide?
    Yes this is another service and there is a fee. I only know of a couple of banks that provide this and then only an API and you have to integrate it into your site. There are a few that have modules already for Zen Cart and I would suggest that you use one of them.

Hey this is the banking industry and not Zen Cart
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten