Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Pages to Information Box

add links to your EZPages in the more_information sidebox as follows:

$more_information[] = '<a href="' . zen_ez_pages_link(1) . '">YOUR_LINK_TEXT</a>';

The highlighted portion is the ID of your EZpage.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    add links to your EZPages in the more_information sidebox as follows:

$more_information[] = '<a href="' . zen_ez_pages_link(1) . '">YOUR_LINK_TEXT</a>';

The highlighted portion is the ID of your EZpage.
    Good Show.. This is what I needed to know.. Though I came up with a plan B, I'm bookmarking this response for future use! I'm REALLY getting into EZ Pages!!!

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I got lost and for sure it is 'cause I am new to all this !!

I downloaded the about us contribution and followed the read me but nothing happened !!

I have an Include folder with others folders in it and I upload the folder and quite sure this is my mistake.
    The Read me file says:

3. Upload all the files to your server, using similar folder structure as found in this ZIP.

It means that I have to upload folder by folder and not has I did?

I would like to have the About us in the more information sidebox so I have to add a line in the more_information.php file?

And as I can create other new pages I just rename them, is it right?

Last thing: as in reality I would like to have an external link and not a new page, can I do using what I downloaded?

Hoping that my problem is clear !!! Sorry for my english!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I created a new page for the more information box following the wiki instruction and now I have my new page (page 5) but I can not edit it.
    I created a define_page_5 based on the fourh and I have access to it from Admin>>>Tools>>Define Page Editor but everything I write in it doesn't show up.
    Any ideas, thanks

Plugin Contributions

Did you CHMOD the file to be writable. If it is not, in the admin, it will tell you it is not writable, and you should make it writable to be able to edit and save.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tcustomgolf View Post
    Did you CHMOD the file to be writable. If it is not, in the admin, it will tell you it is not writable, and you should make it writable to be able to edit and save.

Thank you for the replay but as I am quite new to all this what does it mean CHMOD ?

As I took the define_page_4.php and renamed define_page_5.php to have it in the Define Page Editor I can see the text that was belonging to the page 4 but not seeing it on my new page and as I said to able to edit.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marcap View Post
    Thank you for the replay but as I am quite new to all this what does it mean CHMOD ?

As I took the define_page_4.php and renamed define_page_5.php to have it in the Define Page Editor I can see the text that was belonging to the page 4 but not seeing it on my new page and as I said to able to edit.

Got the solution for what I wanted, just in a message top of the page. I saw it million times but then I got lost in all the codes doing something else.

Anyway still don't know what CHMOD means?

Plugin Contributions

marcap, no problem. CHMOD is a term for changing the attributes of a file on your site, where it is hosted. Usually a hosting company has a tool called cPanel where you can administer your site. cPanel includes a file manager where you can change file attributes. Also most FTP applications like Filezilla, Smart FTP, and the like let you CHMOD a file. If you uploaded your files to a host, then you have one of these I assume.

Also, in the define pages editor, if you select a file that is not writable in the editor, it should display a message that it is not writable, and therefore you will not be able to save any changes in the file until it is made writable. In CHMOD terms, writable is usually a 777 attribute (I am talking unix/linux server here, not windows/asp). I think this should be all in the About Us contribution readme file.

Another thought would be to abandon the About Us contribution and use the EZ-Pages tools that is included in Zencart 1.3.7, or as a contrib for earlier versions. I am moving all my About Us pages to this. With this you can control all extra pages right in the zen admin without having to worry about file structure, etc. You may want to start reviewing the docs on this.

Hope it helps and makes sense.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tcustomgolf View Post
    marcap, no problem. CHMOD is a term for changing the attributes of a file on your site, where it is hosted. Usually a hosting company has a tool called cPanel where you can administer your site. cPanel includes a file manager where you can change file attributes. Also most FTP applications like Filezilla, Smart FTP, and the like let you CHMOD a file. If you uploaded your files to a host, then you have one of these I assume.

Also, in the define pages editor, if you select a file that is not writable in the editor, it should display a message that it is not writable, and therefore you will not be able to save any changes in the file until it is made writable. In CHMOD terms, writable is usually a 777 attribute (I am talking unix/linux server here, not windows/asp). I think this should be all in the About Us contribution readme file.

Another thought would be to abandon the About Us contribution and use the EZ-Pages tools that is included in Zencart 1.3.7, or as a contrib for earlier versions. I am moving all my About Us pages to this. With this you can control all extra pages right in the zen admin without having to worry about file structure, etc. You may want to start reviewing the docs on this.

Hope it helps and makes sense.

Yes thank you. I created all my new pages with the EZ-Pages tools and added them to the more information box. Very easy thing to do.
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

I have added a new defines page using the about us mod instructions. I've called it "Shop by Manufacturer".

My question is, how do I call the manufacturer info to populate the new page (or page 2, or page 3, etc.)? Is there a require once statement I can use, or something along those lines?
    I Think, Therefore I Zen. I Zen, Therefore, I AM!
    Personalized Flowers!
    Flowertown Speaking Roses
    using version 1.5.7-06232020

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast