I've had complaints that the Express Checkout wasn't working for customers so I installed the patch from Jan 19th but the complaints continued so I narrowed it down to this behavior:

From IE 7, I delete all cookies. I go to our shop, put 1 item in the shopping cart, then I hit the PayPal express checkout button at the bottom of the shopping cart page. I get the following error on the login page:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance.
[FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Using the link on the login page to go to PayPal Express Checkout works--it takes me to the PayPal "signup" page.

I delete all my cookies again and restart IE 7. I now go back to the shop, add an item,
but go to through regular checkout where I'm taken to the login page. I click on the PayPal Express Checkout button here
and I am taken to the "signup" PayPal page.

If you'd like logs, I can post them.

Of course, if I go to PayPal directly and sign in with my account to set the cookie, the PP EC button on the shopping cart page
does not throw the error.

Please help!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]