Plugin Contributions

Default Issue with Attribute

So I have an item that is set to add $7 for shipping . When I look in the attribute controller and look at the item it has price by attribute $57 This is correct $50 plus $7 Shipping. When i look at the item online in the store it gives me the $57, but when you add it to the cart it only shows as $50.

This is the item http://www.thecubden.org/store/index...roducts_id=456

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Issue with Attribute

What option name type is being used to present that information?

Your html code is:
    HTML Code:
    <!--bof Attributes Module -->
    <div id="productAttributes">

<h3 class="attributesComments">Shipping fee $7.00</h3>

<div class="wrapperAttribsOptions">
    <h4 class="optionName back">Plans Flat shipping $7.00</h4>
    <div class="back">
    7.00 ( +$7.00 )<br />
    </div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </div>

<br class="clearBoth" />
    Which doesn't appear to feed any attribute information when selecting add-to-cart...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

ITs Plans Flat shipping $7.00 read only.

Strange part, I can make the price for the item as $57, Then in the attribute have it shipping as -$7 and it all works. Shows the item as $50 plus the 7 shipping in the cart. If I tell the item it is $50, then the the shipping is +7 add to cart and its only $50

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cubmanky View Post
    ITs Plans Flat shipping $7.00 read only.

Strange part, I can make the price for the item as $57, Then in the attribute have it shipping as -$7 and it all works. Shows the item as $50 plus the 7 shipping in the cart. If I tell the item it is $50, then the the shipping is +7 add to cart and its only $50
    May seem odd to you, but really a read only attribute is intended to display information only. But... you could I think make it do what you are wanting if you uncomment line 487 of the ZC 1.5.4 version of includes/modules/attributes.php though if you have that file in your template directory, the line number may be different.

Normally, such an "option" would be possibly presented as a radio option with its selection being default, though a smart "cookie" may edit the page's html and submit the item without the attribute to obtain the same result as you just saw. Ideally such a fee would be more "hard-coded" so that there is no way for a customer to omit paying the shipping fee and therefore you lose out...

Plugin Contributions

So how would I hard code this in. I'm also looking into making a couple items with a set shipping amount to show as ship free in the USA but charge for outside of the USA. Thats another task after I get this one fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cubmanky View Post
    So how would I hard code this in. I'm also looking into making a couple items with a set shipping amount to show as ship free in the USA but charge for outside of the USA. Thats another task after I get this one fixed.
    Well, kind of depends on how you want to see things throughout the checkout process... first though, by including the price in the product, your product's price potentially shows higher than the price of other websites. Now if you have applicable "flags" in your product information page to tell search engines that the price is x and shipping is y, then it won't matter too much that the shipping price is shown here.

But, if you want to keep the shipping price with the product throughout, then you would want to be sure that at the shopping cart page that the attribute was included/attached. If you want to keep this "notification" that the shipping price will be included, but are ok with the shopping_cart page not yet showing it (which would be the case for a not logged in customer that is shopping "outside" of your shipping region) then you would address it in a shipping module which can be customized to suit your needs to some extent...

Usually shipping though is handled at the shipping portion of the checkout process. At that point, basically there is nothing about the product/attributes that can be changed/affected by the customer because all of the steps to get to that point have performed their review to ensure that the right product/information is captured. Also, it is not until the customer says where they want the item shipped that the determination can be made about what the shipping cost will actually be. Ie. Someone outside of the USA could find the site and want something sent to their family/friends/co-worker inside the US. Won't know whether to charge US rates or outside US rates until they say where it is to end up...