Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is a Permanent Login (Auto-Login) Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v2.0.0 of "Remember Me (Permanent Login)" to the Zen Cart moderators for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#12: Swap "Remember Me?" checkbox with its label.
    #13: Add a configuration switch, identifying the "Remember Me?" checkbox's default value.
    #15: Add support for "One-Page Checkout" and zc156/strict PHP/MySQL installations.
    #16: Update "Remember Me?" title-text to be more descriptive.
    #17: Update debug-trace to output only when a customer's not logged in.
    Now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=332

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v2.0.1 of Remember Me to the Zen Cart moderators for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

#18: Store cookie with the SameSite attribute; available for PHP 7.3 and later.
    #19: Align guest-login template with that provided for OPC v2.3.1 and later.

I was seeing some console-logged issues for the SameSite issue, see this (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...ookie/SameSite) link for additional information.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v2.0.1 of Remember Me to the Zen Cart moderators for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

#18: Store cookie with the SameSite attribute; available for PHP 7.3 and later.
    #19: Align guest-login template with that provided for OPC v2.3.1 and later.

I was seeing some console-logged issues for the SameSite issue, see this (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...ookie/SameSite) link for additional information.
    Now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=332

Plugin Contributions

Hello.

I installed 2.01 both on a live 1.5.6A instance and a development 1.5.7. On both, the login does not seem to hold across sessions despite checking the box.
    The things I changed were the secret of course, and the cookie duration to 365 days. I thought changing the cookie duration may be the problem but this does not seem to effect things. Is there a good way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks for the plugin.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
    Hello.

I installed 2.01 both on a live 1.5.6A instance and a development 1.5.7. On both, the login does not seem to hold across sessions despite checking the box.
    The things I changed were the secret of course, and the cookie duration to 365 days. I thought changing the cookie duration may be the problem but this does not seem to effect things. Is there a good way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks for the plugin.
    What version of PHP is in use? You can view the cookie settings using your browser's 'Developer Tools' (F12 on Windows for Firefox, Chrome and Edge) to check that the samesite attribute is being properly set.

Plugin Contributions

7.2 on prod, 7.3 on dev which should have that attribute. I'll check developer tools.
    J.J. Meddaugh

Plugin Contributions

Did a bit more checking, and noticed that when I close and reopen the browser and go to the home page, the Login link shows. But when I press login, the cookie activates and the my Account link pops up. I am then fine for the rest of the session.
    So it seems as if the cookie does not get activated until the login page. So maybe something needs to be done so the cookie auto-activates on the first loading of the site on a new session?
    J.J. Meddaugh

Plugin Contributions

Noting that when I 'hit' the site using Chrome v86.0.4240.111, I'm not seeing that samesite cookie attribute being set for the site's zenid. That could surely have play in the issue you're describing.

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to implement a confirm logout process for customers who have activated Remember Me automatic login. The purpose is to remind the users that automatic login will end if they they click logout and give them a chance to cancel the logout. But I can't identify any Remember Me public class properties or methods to test that flag users who have activated the feature. I want to use a javascript confirm() method to display the confirm window. Any hint on what variable to test would be greatly appreciated.
    Dave
    zc157c, php8.0.2, mysql 8.0.28

Plugin Contributions

When a customer is creating an account and checks remember me the error
    --> PHP Warning: Undefined array key "customer_id" in /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php on line 97.
    is thrown.

I'm don't think that their cookie is valid without the customer ID, so wrapping an isset around it doesn't make sense to me. It seems more like a timing issue.

Less importantly, probably just PHP 8.1 being picky, in circumstances I haven't yet figured out the following errors are thrown:
    [22-Oct-2023 09:04:25 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Undefined array key "languages_id" in /includes/extra_configures/enable_error_logging.php on line 84
    [22-Oct-2023 09:04:25 America/Chicago] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=index, IP address: 96.33.49.112, Language id
    #0 /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php(205): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php(267): remember_me_observer->encodeCookie()
    #2 /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php(68): remember_me_observer->refreshCookie()
    #3 /includes/autoload_func.php(47): remember_me_observer->__construct()
    #4 /includes/application_top.php(237): require('/home/pcs/publi...')
    #5 /index.php(25): require('/home/pcs/publi...')
    --> PHP Warning: Undefined array key "currency" in /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php on line 205.

[22-Oct-2023 09:04:25 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Undefined array key "languages_id" in /includes/extra_configures/enable_error_logging.php on line 84
    [22-Oct-2023 09:04:25 America/Chicago] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=index, IP address: 96.33.49.112, Language id
    #0 /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php(206): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php(267): remember_me_observer->encodeCookie()
    #2 /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php(68): remember_me_observer->refreshCookie()
    --> PHP Warning: Undefined array key "language" in /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php on line 206.

#0 /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php(207): zen_debug_error_handler()
    --> PHP Warning: Undefined array key "languages_id" in /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php on line 207.

#0 /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php(208): zen_debug_error_handler()
    --> PHP Warning: Undefined array key "languages_code" in /includes/classes/observers/class.remember_me_observer.php on line 208.
    2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2

Pez Collectors Store

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast