Plugin Contributions

Default EZ Populate and v_products_description_1

Ez Populate has been working great, what a tool! The only problem I have is that when I enter in something to v_products_description_1 column, it does not import to Zen (the product does not show any description). If I add a description to a product under the admin section of Zen then get the export from EP, it's there. Does it have to be in some other format or field to import? Or, am I missing something obvious?

Here is what I'm currently importing: v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_price v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_products_image v_products_weight v_date_added v_products_quantity v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EZ Populate and v_products_description_1

Any one? This is the only road-block I have left...

Plugin Contributions

Check here Support Thread
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Did that, all 50+ pages.

Plugin Contributions

Did that, all 50+ pages.
    Did you try posting to that thread? As this is where easy populate issues are addressed....I do not use it and use NaviCat
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Did you try posting to that thread? As this is where easy populate issues are addressed....I do not use it and use NaviCat
    Yes, I posted my question in that thread as well. I also asked on the developers site. This problem is silly, really makes no sense. I may take a look at NaviCat. But, this is free and it works accept for this small problem.

Plugin Contributions

NaviCat is not free and not pre-setup for Zen Cart there is a 30day trial I think....Sorry that other easy populate users are not able to assist
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

NiteRyder, (OOPS JUST NOW NOTICED THIS POST WAS 2 Years ago..sorry)
    Hello,
    I did not have the problem you are describing... however, I did not arrange my upload file to leave out anything... I did a DB download from the EP screen with 2 products installed the way I wanted. Then I Populated all fields with my test store data (250 items including descriptions) and everything including the description was imported into the DB as expected. That is NOT to say I am without trouble... I have plenty but not missing any product data. I used Excel to populate then saved as a Text (Tab Delimited) file, uploaded to the server into the Temp folder then imported with EP..all went perfect... My problem is that the system (ZCart) runs so slow that it is almost unusable... I have DUMPED the DB and am starting over with an "Out of the Box" install and will attempt to do this again..If it runs well, I will Populate again with EP... One of the things I was concerned about was the fields with date and time of enty into the store and date and time available... I did not see those fields in your layout... Excel does not have a proper format for that...I may question more on the forum and see if I can get some answers.... Feel free to PM me and I'll let u know if all works again as it did before....
    [FONT=Georgia]SteveRF[/FONT]