Plugin Contributions

Default Linkpoint Does Not Display Errors

Using ZC1.3.6, I've got a good Cardservices account and installled linkpoint API, but when it checks a CC number it just returns me to the credit card page and does not show any errors. The URL shows that it made an error (.../catalog/checkout_payment.html?payment_error=linkpoint_api) and the log shows that the card was not entered correctly, but no red banner or error text shows on the page, it just takes me back to the payment screen.

Something a bit strange...when I enter any valid CC number the log shows **short** (NO credit card number displayed) and the error message that the card number starting with xxxx was not entered correctly or we do not... and there is NOTHING in the place where I typed the xxxx. But when I enter a phony number, say, change a valid number by one digit, the actual number shows instead of **short** and the first four digits show in the text.

Hope someone can help fix the lack of error messages, then work on the second error. I'm thinking they are related. My Server has cURL installed and I'm sure the port is open because I'm getting the linkpoint error messages in the log.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linkpoint Does Not Display Errors

I don't recall ever seeing that happen in any testing.
    I'm not sure the exact cause, but if it's saying "CUSTOMER ERROR", then it's finding a problem before it even sends the information to the linkpoint gateway. Thus, it seems to truly be losing the CC number or somehow otherwise getting confused with what it's collected.

If you install a fresh v1.3.7 site in another folder of your server, can you test this? I suspect that the built-in and updated version of the linkpoint module may work around this. It would be handy to test it before doing a site-upgrade to be sure that there isn't something else amiss in your configuration.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linkpoint Does Not Display Errors

It looks like the answer is from the gateway. But in any case, I'm sure I should see the errors on the resulting page instead of just returning to the payment page and having to find my errors in the log.

By the way, it gives the same type of errors even when I REMOVE the pem file, so I'll try to talk to linkpoint. In the mean time, I would be happy just getting the page to display the errors.

What files might I have changed somewhere else that keep this from displaying? I do see the red banner errors on this page if I insert a wrong coupon code, or other.

Looks like it may all still be related to the linkpoint setup.