Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Restricting Contact Us form to registered users

I would like to know how to restrict the use of "Contact US" to ONLY people who have registered and how to check the email address that they provide against the currect customer's emails (since you can replace that email in the form before you send it).

I have asked this question on Feb4 in CAPTCHA add-ons, but since there is no answear... I am trying to find another way..
    Is it possible to also include this verification with "Contact Us" and/or "Tell a Friend"? Or anything that involves sending email (other than order)??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Restricting Contact Us form to registered users

I come to your site ... money burning a hole in my pocket ready to spend the big bucks ...

I see all kinds of stuff I want to add to my cart ...

But ... then I wonder about something or another ... gee better email the owner of the site ...

What do you mean I gotta create an account to ask a question before spending $$$$$?!

I leave ... money still in my pocket and not in your's ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I come to your site ... money burning a hole in my pocket ready to spend the big bucks ...

I see all kinds of stuff I want to add to my cart ...

But ... then I wonder about something or another ... gee better email the owner of the site ...

What do you mean I gotta create an account to ask a question before spending $$$$$?!

I leave ... money still in my pocket and not in your's ...
    That may be so, but when you are getting 20 bogus emails a day per each of the clients you support (and that's ONLY from forms, not counting the spam to my regular email account) perhaps even you would be looking for a solution... but maybe not. Anyway two of my clients already requested the removal of their "Contact Us' form (well they are not selling products right now)..
    So I still would be interested in hearing a solution for this
    Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I'd like to know too. However, no one around here seems to want to help anyone on issues if they don't think you should need it.

Plugin Contributions

By reading this topic, I think what you're looking for is a support ticket system that would actually charge customers for each tickets they would submit. Is it the case ?

If so, modifying the contact us page would be quite useless since it will only turn-around your customers since they do like to have answers without considering the fact that they'd need to pay for it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sunabac View Post
    I would like to know how to restrict the use of "Contact US" to ONLY people who have registered and how to check the email address that they provide against the currect customer's emails (since you can replace that email in the form before you send it).

I have asked this question on Feb4 in CAPTCHA add-ons, but since there is no answear... I am trying to find another way..
    Have you implemented captcha codes yet? That would be a good start to reduce spam. Also it may serve you well to change under Configuration -> E-Mail -> Allow guest to tell a friend, set it to false. That way they would have to be logged in in order to tell a friend. It's a recommended practice in securing your installation of zen.

Also I would change under Configuration -> E-Mail -> Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS to true and EMails must send from known domain to true.

Hope that helps
    Zack

Plugin Contributions

I too have started getting a lot of spam through Contact Us form.
    Is there a solution that we ask users to login before they can use the Contact Us form.
    I am using Zen Cart Version 1.2.6
    Can someone help?

Plugin Contributions

Anyone come up with a way to have users log on to use this form? I have a separate contact us page, and use this form for competition entries which I only want open to account holders.

Plugin Contributions

regarding Restricting Contact Us form to registered users

I would like a reply also. I am getting Auto form filler spam too, and I think this is the way to stop it. Quite frankly, the "money in the pocket" theory only works so far. When it starts costing me time to sort through the junk... then it is time to take action to stop it. Considering that (with another type of shopping cart prior to ZenCart) I was at one time getting anywhere fron 300-600 junk email contacts PER DAY... I am all for blocking spammers.
    I don't care if some of the clients decide not to create an account in order to get a question answered. The serious clients will have no problem with it and it will cut down on the automated spam.

Plugin Contributions

Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast