Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS click-n-ship no attribute weight

hi, my click -n- ship module will not pick up my attribute weights. it wont add them, subtract them or use them plain. it only picks up the regular product weight. this is a new install of click-n-ship and v 1.3.7 of Zen.

does anyone know how to fix this?

MM

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS click-n-ship no attribute weight

Check to be sure the Attributes weight column has a '+' in the column directly to the left of the weight itself, to tell the system to add it to the product.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

thanks for getting back to me. this is so frustrating.
    yes, it has the + next to the weight. the usps only shows the base weight. for instance the base is 2lbs, the tare .6, the attribute .62. that adds to a total weight of 3.22. that's what it shows withing zen. in usps i get a weight of 2, no tare, no attribute.

Plugin Contributions

I apologize for neglecting to mention this. Also check in the Attributes that the option field in the attribute that says "Include in Base Price when Priced by attributes" is marked "yes." Oh, and double check that the Tare is on.

and question, when you say "click n ship", do you mean this is a module you added to Zen Cart? It already has a USPS module which works quite well other than no flat rate box. I added the flat rate option though by weight so it is an option for people.

I hope this takes care of it for you.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

First, the Click-n-ship is a module that adds a button to the order page to auto populate the usps click-n-ship label within the usps website. it works great except i cant get the weight to load properly.

the tare is on because when i am in zen all the weight totals properly. i do have the base option turned on.

if you think of anything else please let me know.
    thanks, MM

Plugin Contributions

Well that exhausts my ideas. Has anyone gotten the weight to work with it? That's who to ask for suggestions. Sounds like it is not a ZC issue per se and whoever wrote the mod is the one to contact.

Tell me about this module, though. I use click-n-ship myself and it might be helpful.

Wish I could suggest something else.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

yeah, i tried emailing through the main mod thread and didnt get any response, so i thought i would try a general question and see what turned up... oh well.

the module is great. it adds a button to your order page. when you click it, itopens a new window of the usps click-n-ship label filled with your order info. no double entry. of course, the weight is buggy. but even so it saves time. oh and it seems to not work in firefox, you neeed to use explorer.

here is the link
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=285

MM

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info and link.

BTW, which mod did you download? i ask because it looks like the most recent is not the whole mod and maybe, since the developer says it works 'perfectly', there is an update you need to get it to work. Another idea for whatever it may be worth.

Have you considered a PM to the author?
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Oy people having problems with my contrib! Super Q to the rescue :)

Well I've taken a look at the code for the weight, and I see the problem is with an undeclared variable that is being used as part of the where clause in the attrib search. However, I didn't create the total weight portion of the code so I'm trying to get some help from the author on what the value should be for that variable.

In the mean time, I added the tare check to the totalweight code so now it at least adds that part correctly. I used a snippet from the way the checkout shipping class does it and it seems to work fine.

I'll get this fixed and release it with a new version as soon as I hear back about the attrib stuff.

Plugin Contributions

Thank You Super Q!!
    i await your modification eagerly!!
    MM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast