Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Website Payment Pro

I'm just using the IPN, and it works fine.

The only reason to need web payments pro is if you want to keep them on your site to complete the payment. I don't thinkg the paypal express will work without have web payments pro.

JP

Plugin Contributions

https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR...ationGuide.pdf

page 15

Website Payments Pro Business Rules
    Website Payments Pro must be integrated on your website in the following ways. You should:
    1. Present the PayPal Express Checkout button and associated messaging before requesting
    shipping address, billing address, and financial information. PayPal account holders should
    not be required enter any of this information on your website, because the information is
    available from their PayPal accounts.
    2. Display PayPal as an option along side other payment methods, wherever other payment
    methods are offered.
    3. Present the PayPal mark graphic wherever other payment marks are displayed.
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Zen Cart also offers Website Payments Standard (known as PayPal IPN in the modules listing). Technically you could also rework things to offer "PayPal as an additional payment option" and not offer Express Checkout at all. .
    At the risk of mixing zencart terms with PayPal's practice of referring to the same products with three names....

Website Payments Standard does not have seamless integration. Website Payments Standard can include IPN but it does not have to.

IPN is a subset possibility within Website Payments Standard. IPN is not a payment solution.

As far as I know, "PayPal as an additional payment option" is a synonym for "Express Checkout."

As you know the only option that seamlessly integrated with the merchant's cart is Website Payments Pro. So if that's the goal the customer is seeking there is no PayPal option that allows seamless integration without also offering Express-Checkout/Additional-Payment-Option which stores both billing and shipping on PayPal rather than with the merchant.

In opting for seamless the customer is specifically attempting to increase the online store's professional image. Express checkout barges in and breaks seamless integration, steals marketing/shipping info and potentially confuses the customer with too many payment options. I do this for a living and I'm confused. How's a customer going to know what's going on.

Not that I'm upset, or anything.

:-)

I'm looking for how Express hands the shipping info back to the merchant. If anyone knows please post?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CarolineBogart View Post
    I'm looking for how Express hands the shipping info back to the merchant. If anyone knows please post?
    That's all documented in the technical API specs which you can get from PayPal's website.

What is your agenda here? Are you wanting to debate the merits of choosing one method over another? orto debate whether using PayPal is good or not?
    You sound convinced that you don't like "Express Checkout" and that you wish PayPal would change their TOS so you could use them as a "seamless integration" as you call it.

If you want a 'gateway', sign up for Payflow Pro. That's all it is ... a CC gateway, tied to your merchant account. Then you have a "seamless integration".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CarolineBogart View Post
    API call: GetExpressCheckoutDetailsResponse

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's all documented in the technical API specs which you can get from PayPal's website.
    Got it, read it, thanks.

What is your agenda here? Are you wanting to debate the merits of choosing one method over another?
    yes

orto debate whether using PayPal is good or not?
    yes

You sound convinced that you don't like "Express Checkout" and that you wish PayPal would change their TOS so you could use them as a "seamless integration" as you call it.
    BINGO

If you want a 'gateway', sign up for Payflow Pro. That's all it is ... a CC gateway, tied to your merchant account. Then you have a "seamless integration".
    Yeah but that that point I'm not getting the cost benefit of PayPal so I might as well get a real merchant account and gateway.

I know I'm being snide. I'm just frustrated that PayPal is hosing me once again instead of just providing a service and letting me get on with other work.

But yes most certainly debate/discussion about what to use if PayPal doesn't fit the bill would help. Thanks for your replies.

Plugin Contributions

well unless you use payflow you will need to use paypal express,
    since this IS required
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I am latching onto this forum in anticipation of the release of WPP with ZenCart.

For our business model we would like to stick with PayPal for our processing. Using WPP will be a big plus for us.

I am hoping that when this update is released that it will make it to this forum and then to my inbox.

We would even be receptive to helping test a Beta version.

Plugin Contributions

Back to Website Payment Pro. We chose and installed Zen-Cart because Paypal listed it as integrated. We already accepted Paypal on our site and wanted to accept direct pay without our customers signing up for Paypal. Now what I'm reading says Zen-Cart doesn't yet do direct pay with Paypal's Payment Pro. Is that correct? If so, I've just wasted hours of my time.

Plugin Contributions

Now what I'm reading says Zen-Cart doesn't yet do direct pay with Paypal's Payment Pro. Is that correct?
    You are correct. Zen Cart has the Express Payment portion fully integrated and the Dirst Pay portion under development.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast