Plugin Contributions

Default file missing or path wrong?

Hi, I am trying to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.7 created new folder to do the install, changed all config files, when I call the zc_install I am getting this message:

Warning: main(../includes/classes/class.notifier.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/hotstuff/public_html/upgrade/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 30

When I check the zc_install/includes folder, there isn't a class.notifier.php in that file. There is one in includes/classes/ folder. The application_top.php has this on line 30:
    require('../includes/classes/class.notifier.php');

Do I need to change that path, do I need to copy the includes/classes/class.notifier.php into the zc_install/inlcudes/classes/ folder, or do I need to get the zc_install/inlcudes/classes/class.notifier.php file from somewhere.. it is not in the zip file.

Thanks,
    Jim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: file missing or path wrong?

Try reloading the files again ...

Make sure that on the files:
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

that you have changed the paths to reflect the new directory name ...

Also, if using a copy of your Live site database, be sure to change the database, username and password ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply, I am using an empty database created for the upgrade, first I will do an install in a directory called upgrade. I have set the paths in my two configure.php files to reflect the paths, virtual, and actual. The path to the directory would be /home2/hotstuff/public_html/upgrade/ the virtual path, or url would be http://www.hotstuffleatherandlace.net/upgrade/.
    That is how my configure.php is set up. I have checked to insure that. The permissions of my directories, and files have been set to 777, 775, and 664 as required by the install instructions.

I have unpacked the zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006.zip again to a new folder. I again looked in /zc_install/includes/classes/ and there isn't a class.notifier.php in that folder. I do find one in the /includes/classes folder. The error is saying that the application_top.php file is calling to the class.notifier.php in the zc_install/includes/classes folder, and there isn't one there.

The Block of code at line 30 reads as:
    // set php_self in the local scope
    if (!isset($PHP_SELF)) $PHP_SELF = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
    require('../includes/classes/class.base.php');
    require('../includes/classes/class.notifier.php'); <---Line 30
    require('includes/functions/general.php');
    require('includes/classes/installer.php');
    $zc_install = new installer;

is the ../ supposed to be there? Is it supposed to be calling to my files located in upgrade/includes/classes folder? Or is it calling to my files located in my zc_install/includes/classes/ folder? Isn't the ../ in the path above supposed to call to the same directory as the zc_install/includes/application_top file is located? I also do not have the class.base.php file in that folder, so now I am scratching my head...The other two calls in this block are ok, they exist.

Here is the error again:
    Warning: main(../includes/classes/class.notifier.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/hotstuff/public_html/upgrade/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 30

The path it referenced to is correct. That is where the application_top.php is.
    The more I talk about this the more confused i am. My paths in my active installation of zen are just like that, except for the "upgrade" they have "########-leather" instead. It works fine.

Thanks,
    Figster

Plugin Contributions

Disregard this thread... I finally discovered the solution.

Plugin Contributions

What was the solution?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

... the solution was simple.. I gave up, removed all files, and installed with Fantastico.. What ever was wrong.. It works now. That was the first time I used Fantastico to install zen, it's usually out of date, so I have usually installed it myself. I have to admit, this was a lot easier.

Thanks for your efforts at helping me!

Figster