Page 222 of 235 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS Dropdown menu for the header- With Categories!

Hi, I have installed the Drop down menu into Zencart, followed all of the instructions and everything works well.

In terms of customizing the each master drop down header, is it possible to reference other ez pages besides the default setup. For example, I have created EZ pages called Press and Events, but I would like them to be on the dropdown list instead of Contact Us and shipping.

I have gone to the "headermenu>php" to change the header titles, but not sure what code to manipulate in the "tpl_drop_menu.php" file to get these changes to work....

Any ideas?

btw...LOVE LOVE LOVE this horizontal menu :)

Plugin Contributions

but not sure what code to manipulate in the "tpl_drop_menu.php" file to get these changes to work....
    Here's an example from my sandbox site:

<li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_INFORMATION; ?></a>
    <ul class="level2">
    <li><a href="index.php?main_page=page&id=4">About Us</a></li> <?php if (DEFINE_SHIPPINGINFO_STATUS <= 1) { ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_SHIPPING_INFO; ?></a></li>

I just hard-coded the link in. Probably not the most elegant solution, but it works fine.

Plugin Contributions

I posted this in a stand alone thread so I apologize mods for the duplicate, but I'm pretty certain I will be able to assistance from this thread - plus my "problem" displays some customization possible with this MOD.

I put my Manufacturers dropdown list in the dropdown menu. But, I'm having issues with the list closing prematurely. You can see an example at www.lindastestsite.com

Any thoughts on why? I'm assuming it is related to how the Manufacturers dropdown is interacting with the CSS Dropdown Menu.

Regards,
    lindasdd

Plugin Contributions

Menu has no room to flyout.

Example here: http://dn.astreetweb.com/

I installed and it is working - sort of. It looks like the menus are trying to fly out but there is no room for them - or they are not flying over the content that follows.

I tried changing z-index in stylesheet_header_menu.css. Makes no difference.

Any other ideas?

Second problem, is I tried Turning the EZ-Pages "on" as per instructions and my page stops loading at end of Information UL - missing the closing ul and no more page after that. Very weird.

My example doesn't show that as I thought I'd work on the flyout space problem first.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
    Last edited by boxcar; 31 Oct 2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Message cut off

Plugin Contributions

This may be premature, but I think that I solved the problem of drops downs not having enough room to drop. In the stylesheet (stylesheet_header_menu.css), I changed the first item (div#dropMenu ) from

position:relative;
    to
    position:absolute;

hth helps someone else too.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Is it possible to achieve the same dropdown menu as in play dot com using this mod?
    We have a lot of categories and need to show some of them along with the main ones.

Thx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Are all of your products currently organized in separate commercial and residential categories? If not, they should be, for clarity and best functionality. It might be possible to alter the menu so that instead of one tab to hold all categories, you have two tabs, one holding the top "Commercial" category and its subs and one holding the top "Residential" category and its subs.
    Hi!!! Can you please instruct how to do this? Many thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by uncharted View Post
    Hello,

Is it possible to achieve the same dropdown menu as in play dot com using this mod?
    We have a lot of categories and need to show some of them along with the main ones.

Thx
    This mod could be used as a base for that. The menu you are seeing at that site is more of a customized menu whereas this mod creates a dynamic menu(it automatically populates with your sites data.)

For something similar to what you want the only place I've seen offering it is jsweb.co.uk as a paid for mod. Just visit their site and take a look around.

-lindasdd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msphamtastic View Post
    Hi!!! Can you please instruct how to do this? Many thanks!!!
    In the read me file there are directions for how to use an "alternate" version of the MOD which will activate the EZ Pages menu(aka categories in the header). Follow those instructions.

As an example, I did this on my own site.

-lindasdd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lindasdd View Post
    This mod could be used as a base for that. The menu you are seeing at that site is more of a customized menu whereas this mod creates a dynamic menu(it automatically populates with your sites data.)

For something similar to what you want the only place I've seen offering it is jsweb.co.uk as a paid for mod. Just visit their site and take a look around.

-lindasdd
    Hi,

Thx for replying.
    I looked around the source code for the menu that I wanted and it seems that it is customized and all links were manually added. I know how to make the links drop down via css so I will probably go down this route as well.