Page 111 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS Dropdown menu for your header- With Categories!

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    Your logo is 96px tall. Your stylesheet is telling the browser it is only 75px tall:

Code:
    #logoWrapper{
        /*background-image: url(../images/bback.gif);*/
        background-repeat: repeat-x;
        background-color: #ffffff;
        height:75px;
        }

Jettrue;

That did the trick and thank you so much for the wonderful mod!!! it makes our site sooooooooo much cleaner already.

Sincerely,

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

Ok. I actually have 2 problems.
    Sort of a Ying Yang Situation.

At the Top Level. One of the sections doesn't show the image button I made.
    (Because it doesn't have a level below it ) of which I want to show a button.

Then the opposite problem... When I have Sub Categories The button shows up again... (Because there is another level down. ) Here I do not want the button.
    This menu is not really designed for buttons. You're going to need to fight with the css, and have combined css tags to get this to work.

:frusty

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this dropdown on a few sites, works like a charm.

I am currently working on a site but i just noticed that the cPath is not being written correctly. From the drop-down, for example, the menu takes me to:

index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

but it should be:

index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_8

This causes problems with navigation and indexing. Other sites that I installed this to do not have this issue.

Things to consider

- I attempted an install of Magic SEO URLS that was unsuccessful because my test server does not include zend optimizer, so i removed it.

- I have reinstalled the menu since discovering this.

- I have disabled the stylesheet and the problem persists.

To see what I mean please visit: 72 47 237 83

Just wondering if there are any known conflicts that I should consider or if there is a fix/override. Of course, there's a good chance I have blatantly overlooked something.

Plugin Contributions

update:

looked at the other sites that i used this mod on. they all use ultimate seo url's, and when ultimate seo's mod is switched off, the problem that I am having on this project is duplicated on those sites too; however, when enabled its all ok.

this site never had ultimate seo urls but i did try an install of magic urls (as mentioned above in my previous post). could there be a conflict with url rewriting when the url rewrite mod is turned off or disabled or maybe the way url mods change the database?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the somewhat OT

Jettrue;

I was going to PM you, but it says your box is full, soooooooo....

I could not really find the answer and did not want to yet start a post until some things were figured out. I have enjoyed alot of the works you have done with the cherry and apple templates and more so the nifty zen and that is what I am writing to you about.

I have found the home source for nifty (now nifty cube) at:

http://www.html.it/articoli/niftycube/index.html

I am not sure if that is where you received your information from or not. I would like to incorporate some of these ideas from this site into zc, however, I do not have a strong enough knowledge of css and JavaScript to do so (as of yet ;o) and I was wondering if you might be able to give some insight basics. A lot of what is contained on the above mentioned site appears to be the same in your posts, just with certain files renamed and the appropriate code inserted into the appropriate places.

Any help you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated and I believe if one can come up with an easy to follow tutorial on many of the wonderful things one could do with css in zc, many sites would become wonderful and aesthetically pleasing

tia...

0be1
    a.k.a - Shawn
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

I installed the dropdown menu on my site. In firefox, it created a white space between the top and bottom of my image and in IE, the white space just shows up at the bottom of the image. How do I push the menu up against the picture. My site is located here: http://thejubileemarket.infostampede.com/catalog if you want to have a look. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oceanturqiri View Post
    I installed the dropdown menu on my site. In firefox, it created a white space between the top and bottom of my image and in IE, the white space just shows up at the bottom of the image. How do I push the menu up against the picture. My site is located here: http://thejubileemarket.infostampede.com/catalog if you want to have a look. Thanks.
    Oceanturqiri;

You will see throughout this thread that many people had the same problem maybe just worded differently. By looking at your site I see your header image is at 251px. If you look for the section below in your stylesheet you will notice the height of the logo wrapper is the same px setting as your image. Try backing the height down a bit in the #logoWraper section, say to 200, save the changes and reupload your stylesheet.css file.

#logoWrapper{
    background-image: url(../images/painting-banner-jm.jpg);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    background-color: #ffffff;
    height:251px;
    }

Be sure to do a backup of that file first of course. If that does not work, please post back here and we'll try something else.

Good luck

0be1

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I am still having problems, though. In firefox, it fixed the bottom part, however, the white strip above the image remains. It seems as though it is pushing up the purple strip. IE behaves differently: When I change the size of the logo wrapper, it pushes the menu, a small white strip, and the image up and under the purple strip on the top of the page.

Thanks,

Ocean

Plugin Contributions

I cannot make changes to the stylesheet.css file and save it and then view it in IE. I can only make changes (and not save it) in firefox using the webdeveloper tools. It is definitely a night a day difference between the two browsers (I hate IE and Microsoft (sorry for the rant )

Is it the border 1px in the main wrapper section causing your problem? You can try that and see what you get. If you are not using firefox and the webdeveloper and firebug plugins I suggest you give it a try. With the webdeveloper plugins you can see the div layout (which helps alot!!!) edit your css files in real time and so much more.

Try changing the 1px under #mainWrapper and post back if you are still having problems.

thanks...

0be1

Plugin Contributions

Hello Obe1

When I change the 1px in the main wrapper, it just changes the border around the entire page. I don't know anything about web developer plugins or div layouts - but I guess I'll be learning. I am going to go crazy and throw the computer out the window. Just kidding, sort of.

It actually looks better in IE except for the little white line. I firefox, there is a huge white at the top between the purple bit and the picture.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Ocean