Plugin Contributions

application error "headers already sent" error in 1.37 upon fresh installation

Hi all,

I have had ZC1.302 running with no issues for several months now.
    Today set up ZC1.37 from scratch on the same server (Windows VPS account at Webhost4life) and it keeps giving me some errors that I can't get rid of. (Note: I've inserted xxxxxx and yyyyyy below instead of my account name and the site folder)

[FONT="Courier New"]
    Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\includes\configure.php:1) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\includes\configure.php:1) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\includes\configure.php:1) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\includes\init_includes\init_templat es.php on line 78
    [/FONT]

I also note that the site seems to have trouble with some css because the fonts are all huge.

Now... I've compared the config files directly with the ones on the 1.302 site that works fine and everything matches where it should and differs only where the different domain/db requires it.

When I try and go to the Admin page I get similar errors:

[FONT="Courier New"]
    Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\admin\includes\configure.php:1) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\admin\includes\configure.php:1) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\admin\includes\configure.php:1) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\admin\includes\init_includes\init_t emplates.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\admin\includes\configure.php:1) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxxxx\yyyyyy\admin\includes\functions\general.ph p on line 34
    [/FONT]

I'm at a loss to figure out why it doesn't work. I've read several posts including the one about the spyware iframe issue, but it doesn't appear to be that.

The cache is pointing to the same place as the 1302 site and I have also tried pointing it to the cache folder within the site, but there is no change.

There is only one funny thing that may or may not be a clue... when I first came out of the installation procedure, there were no errors and I was able to log into the admin fine. It was only the next time I tried that it all of a sudden started spitting the errors.

It seems to make no difference what permissions I set. I checked against the working 1.302 site and can't see any difference.

I'm about to install it once again from scratch, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
    Regards,
    Rob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "headers already sent" error in 1.37 upon fresh installation

I just remembered one thing different between the 1.302 and 1.37 sites. I used an option to create a mySQL 5.022 db instead of version 4.x
    I'll do a 4.x db this time.

Plugin Contributions

Well.. after a fresh installation using mySQL version 4.x everything works fine.

I found another issue in my notes from the faulty installation that might be a clue as to why that failed:

When I went to change the filenames from dist-configure to configure, I noticed that there were already files called configure.php in both places. I opened them and found they contained nothing so I checked the original install zip to see if they were in there. They weren't.. so I was a little confused but I just went ahead and deleted them before renaming the dist-files.

Could that have been the remnants of an attack perhaps?

Plugin Contributions

Well it just started happening again... the same errors... what could be causing this?

Plugin Contributions

got a URL to look at?
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting