Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express (81108) Error

Hi Guys

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to assist me with the following error that Zen reports after I have tried to confirm my order:-

"An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (81108)"

Forgot to add: I have upgraded to the latest PPEC patch that was released on the 15th Feb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sheps
    Last edited by sheps; 19 Feb 2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the somethign

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express (81108) Error

Are you set to Live or Sandbox?

If on Sandbox switch to Live ... does this correct the problem?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Are you based in the UK? I got the same message as well, but fixed it by doing naani1's tweak here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ighlight=81108

Plugin Contributions

Also forgot to add, this error only appears when I am checking out via an account I have made on my store. If I create the account through PayPal it works fine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PotzUK View Post
    Are you based in the UK? I got the same message as well, but fixed it by doing naani1's tweak here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ighlight=81108
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Are you set to Live or Sandbox?

If on Sandbox switch to Live ... does this correct the problem?
    I am based in the UK, works fine when on Live but only when I create an account via PPEC?

Could it be down to an incorrectly named field? PotzUK not yet looked at your link will do shortly - may be repeating myself already.

Sorry - thanks for assistance so far.

Plugin Contributions

I have problem same you .

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (81108)"

see in the picture

It will have problem when i used PAYPAL Express Checkout in Payment Method Step 2 page ( If i click in checkout with PAYPAL button ( yellow button ) it work !! this process will direct to paypal )

Plugin Contributions

Are all of you from the UK?

Are all of you set to Live?

Have all of you loaded the Feb 15th Patch?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

1. No , i'm from thailand
    2. YES, Set to Live
    3. Yes, Feb 15th Patch already.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Please confirm that I'm understanding this correctly:
    - if the customer does *not* have an account in Zen Cart, and goes through Express Checkout, then it works fine
    - if the customer *does* have an account in Zen Cart, and is logged in, then you're getting this error

Questions:
    1. What if the customer *does* have an account, but is *not* logged in when they start Express checkout? Does the error appear in this case?
    2. What are the address details of the customer's selected address *in Zen Cart* before going to PayPal?
    3. What are the address details of the customer's selected address *in PayPal* before returning back to Zen Cart?

(please do not edit any more information than necessary to retain a degree of privacy ... as much info as possible makes it more helpful, since will need to use this information to attempt to duplicate the problem.)

I suspect the issue is related to differences in address information being entered in Zen Cart vs submitted to PayPal and returned from PayPal.

By the way, an updated patch was posted earlier today, and includes things like naani1's suggestion, etc:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...974#post331974

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys
    I have this error too and I try whit this options but this dont works Im in mexico and I do it all that you said.

the error is the next:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (81108) Missing Parameter - ShipToState : Required parameter missing.

I dont know what happend whit this because I read that this problem is present whit UK but Im in mexico and the mall is for US some of yours can help me.

sorry for my english but Im new on this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast