Default My site looks messed up but just on my computer

In my Mac, when using Camino, my site looks all messed up. Same OS, same browser on my Mac laptop, it looks normal. It's not on the latest version but an upgrade is not something I have time for at the moment. It seems fine on PCs in most browsers. This was working fine one minute, and then it wasn't.

It's missing lots of stuff - image across top, background image, colors of boxes down sides, the entire layout, etc.

Any tips?

Here is what I see:
    Last edited by sobebabies; 23 Feb 2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: added info on what's wrong

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My site looks messed up but just on my computer

I just checked your site in a fairly current Mac using Safari browser... looks fine* to me. I looked at the pic of what you were seeing in the troublesome system using Camino browser. That just looks like the stylesheet didn't get loaded. I have no idea if that is the result of a Camino bug or anything (haven't used Camino in a while), but that's definately what a site will look like with no css :)

* You should do some looking around here and either install Image Handler or learn how to make multiple size images for your site. Your page load is being hammered by all the large images being used for small and medium versions too. If your bandwidth is metered, that will have a big impact too.

Thanks - sounds like Camino is not the best browser.

I am working on my images. I appreciate the feedback. It's definitely an issue. (Too busy processing my orders to fix/upgrade my website! )

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure you have your contacts in the proper eyes?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Plugin Contributions

your site looks fine on both win xp and win vista using mozilla, opera, IE, and netscape.
    :-)
    I am on here looking for some ideas, too... I just had a customer mail me a screenshot of one of my really basic sites - total zen-cart defaults - screenshot attached.
    I look at it in the same browser on my machine, it looks fine, I look at it in three other browsers on my machine and even on other machines, no problem.
    It should have a default three-column layout, which it looks like she sort-of sees, with the right column just cut off and everything overlapping in a bad way.

She claims to be using a 19" monitor with mozilla on it... ideas on what would cause this or whether there is something I can/should do to fix it?
    thanks!
    Lori
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

redheads, the site renders fine for me, but I would question the legitimacy of the line in the footer...
    "Copyright © 2006 Live and Learn Conference. Cart by RedCartSolutions"
    ... when the cart is actually zen-cart and the theme is so close to stock that perhaps the copyright on the theme should still be there.

Plugin Contributions

I am glad to hear it renders for you, I cannot figure out what else to check since it all looks fine to my multiple systems.

The coyright reference is to the content, as the mp3s and other products in the cart belong to the customer for resale purposes even though they are downloads. I will play with the 'replace all' feature in dreamweaver to see if I can clarify that bit.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Lori