Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

Quote Originally Posted by bean_2k1 View Post
    Not sure what i have done wrong but i have installed the IntegratedCOWOAbeta.zip file on my test 1.3.7 store running php 4.4.4 http://modscity.co.uk/test/, i uploaded all the files in the overrides-writes folder, but when im about the checkout of my store i click checkout with no account i get a 404 error what have i done worng ?
    bean_2k1,

From the behavior of your test store, it looks like you might not have uploaded the /includes folder. There's an IntegratedCOWOA/includes/, an IntegratedCOWOA/overwrites-rides/includes/, and an IntegratedCOWOA/overwrites-rides/admin/ folder to upload. You mention the two folders in the overwrites-rides folder, but did you get the top level includes/?

This gets back to the issue of me figuring out a less confusing installation. (;
    Now J_Schilz
    Integrated Checkout Without Account
    (wiki w/pics, demo, download)

Plugin Contributions

craftzombie: Given that you've got it working on your store, did you find the issue on your test store? Would you say it was a package issue, a version compatibility issue, or an install fluke/error issue?

Richie: Likewise for you, once you get this working could you let me know just what it took to solve it.

Danke for the translations. (;

--Joe
    Now J_Schilz

Plugin Contributions

joe,

i never uploaded your tpl_checkout_success_default.php. i kept the one i had edited before. when i get a chance i'll switch them out and see if i still get the same problem. also, i use css buttons, not sure if that makes a difference. and i also haven't uploaded the order status and order steps yet. there really aren't enough hours in the day for me. i went to sleep at 6 a.m. this morning!

Plugin Contributions

i have reinstalled this contrib now but im getting this error when im about to see the order complete screen on the checkout

Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

Plugin Contributions

Joe,

I confess, I haven't downloaded this yet or read the directions, so my question may be answered in the documentation. If so, I apologize!

I already have order steps installed on my website. Will I need to remove it and install the one included with your package or will I just need to make modifications to my current version? (It's the tableless one).
    I'll finish that project tomorrow, I've made enough mistakes today!

Plugin Contributions

Looking at bean_2k1's installation it appears that at least one host/server configuration does not like my nonstandard method of differentiating COWOA accounts. In this case, php gives the error: "Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function."

That means I have to use a standard method of differentiating accounts. Should just be a small modification to the existing code. I'll probably have it out next weekend as the weekends are when I tend to get this stuff done.

Boggled, it's answered a bit. I'll probably document it more clearly since you've asked. (;

If you already have tableless order steps installed, making the move to COWOA w/tableless order steps would look something like this:

I) Creating the new CSS files.
    A) Edit the css files in the package to match your old css files in terms of colors, border style, etc.

II) Putting the modified order steps code into your checkout pages.
    A) If you don't have any modification to your checkout pages aside from order steps, use the checkout pages given in the package under /add_ons/ordersteps. They contain both the COWOA modifications and the modified order steps code.
    B) For any checkout pages that you have modified, use the overrides-rights.txt to modify them for COWOA. Then open that template from the /add_ons/ordersteps, copy the order steps code(the lines between the order steps comments) and use it to overwrite your current order steps code.

Hope this helps,
    Joe
    Now J_Schilz

Plugin Contributions

Joe,
    How can I remove detailed invoice links from emails for ALL emails, regardless of sign up, checkout without account, etc.?

Plugin Contributions

I thought I'd mention this just in case anyone else had an issue... don't forget that if you have the Super Orders mod installed, detailed invoice links will be sent to all customers regardless of account if you send order update emails through Super Orders. I spent at least an hour trying to figure out why I was getting detailed invoice links in the non-account emails and now I feel like a big idiot.

If anyone has a clue how to make it so the Super Order emails do not send detailed invoice links, please share.
    Last edited by craftzombie; 5 Mar 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KGZotU View Post

Boggled, it's answered a bit. I'll probably document it more clearly since you've asked. (;

If you already have tableless order steps installed, making the move to COWOA w/tableless order steps would look something like this:

I) Creating the new CSS files.
    A) Edit the css files in the package to match your old css files in terms of colors, border style, etc.

II) Putting the modified order steps code into your checkout pages.
    A) If you don't have any modification to your checkout pages aside from order steps, use the checkout pages given in the package under /add_ons/ordersteps. They contain both the COWOA modifications and the modified order steps code.
    B) For any checkout pages that you have modified, use the overrides-rights.txt to modify them for COWOA. Then open that template from the /add_ons/ordersteps, copy the order steps code(the lines between the order steps comments) and use it to overwrite your current order steps code.

Hope this helps,
    Joe
    Thanks Joe!

Hopefully, it won't be too difficult. I haven't modified my checkout pages in any way other than the order steps...at least I don't think I have.
    I'll finish that project tomorrow, I've made enough mistakes today!

Plugin Contributions

Just to elaborate on my plans a little bit, I've decided to go ahead and go with SQL for this mod. It has become apparent that the quick and dirty hack that I first envisioned has grown beyond its scope. I've already gone pretty far with this mod, I'd like to take it all the way and my current '.' scheme doesn't really provide a sound structure for that.

I would suggest that anyone wanting to go live with this hold off until this weekend. For anyone who has already gone live with this, if you'd like to switch over the upgrade should be just a few overwrites.

craftzombie: I took a look at superorders, and I think that the necessary edit is in /admin/includes/functions/extra_fuctions/super_orders_functions.php

Search for EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL. There's only one occurrence. Go ahead and comment out that line such that you have:

Code:
    // EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . zen_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n\n" .
    Once again, that will remove detailed invoice links from all e-mails, as you've requested. I'll go ahead and make a genuine compatibility patch for this mod later.

Thanks for all the help and feedback through this,
    Joe
    Now J_Schilz

Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast