Page 28 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

it seems like i have a few issues with COWOA... I DO love it and it does the job on the test site. i would just like to clarify a few things....

Is it correct that i get account vreation mails from COWOA-customers???

When a cowoa-customer uses the same email again, it seems he doesn't get the order confirmation mail.

and, i ran over your forum threat and haven't found how to distinguish between account and cowoa cutomers... somehow... the "." after the eamils isn't there

If you wanna have a look and play yourself...
    the link it test.themeltingpotonline.net

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevefriedman71 View Post
    and, i ran over your forum threat and haven't found how to distinguish between account and cowoa cutomers... somehow... the "." after the eamils isn't there
    The original version of this mod used the "." after emails, but not the new sql (better) version. You missed post #50 where Joe decided to go with sql instead: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=50

Bluefish created a mod to distinguish between customers. I downloaded it but never tried it because I was too busy. That post is here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=186

Plugin Contributions

and what about the issue the the order confirmations isn't send the after the first time the costomer used the email for an order?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevefriedman71 View Post
    and what about the issue the the order confirmations isn't send the after the first time the costomer used the email for an order?
    I just placed two test orders on your site using COWOA. I used the same email address both times. Not once did I receive an account creation email (which is correct), and I received my order confirmation email both times. Its working fine.

Also, I am just trying to help and in no way am trying to be mean. I just want you to get lots of orders...... change that font!!!! Its a big turn-off. Since you are just testing, maybe its not permanent anyway. I don't know about other people, but I prefer good old Verdana or Arial.

Plugin Contributions

Is this mod something for everyone? If so where can I get the files to change my settings?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Well i eventually decided to have a go at this mod but as expected I'm having problems that i hope someone can help me with.

Because of other mods i manually over wrote the files and did it to the letter and have checked them all but i have 2 major problems,

1. The first is this in split mode, CoWA appears twice.

2. The second when i set split mode to false CoWA does not appear at all.

I've obviously done something seriously wrong here but dont want to start messing with anything yet, i hoping that somebody with a bit more knowledge with this mod can shed some light on this and help me out.

As an after thought i am going to put a link to the site but it is an adult toy site (no ########) so please dont click if it's not what you want to see.
    http://www.toyjoyshop.co.uk

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	287 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	2450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	315 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	2451  

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphicman View Post
    Because of other mods i manually over wrote the files and did it to the letter and have checked them all but i have 2 major problems,
    1. The first is this in split mode, CoWA appears twice.
    Looks like a problem with your tpl_login_default.php template. Bit hard to know exactly what the problem is without looking at the template but there should be two sections of code that look like:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() > 0) { ?>
        <fieldset>
        <legend>Checkout Without Account</legend>
        <?php echo TEXT_RATHER_COWOA?>
        <div class="buttonRow forward">
        <?php echo "<a href=\"" zen_href_link(FILENAME_NO_ACCOUNT'''SSL') . "\">"?>
        <?php echo zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CONTINUEBUTTON_CONTINUE_ALT); ?></a></div>
        <br class="clearBoth" />
        </fieldset>
    <?php ?>
    One (or both) is probably in the wrong place in the template.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicman View Post
    Not sure if you have fixed anything since your post, but COWOA is appearing just fine for me when you have split mode set to false.....

***edit: Also fine now in split mode - i guess you fixed it!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you both so much for replying to my predicament.
    The problem is now solved, i will explain where i went wrong just in case it helps someone else.
    In the over writes file is states:-

FIND:
    -

<div class="information"><?php echo TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_POST_INTRODUCTION_SPLIT; ?></div>

<?php echo zen_draw_form('create', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, 'action=process', 'SSL')); ?>
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_CREATE_ACCOUNT, BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT_ALT); ?></div>

-

AFTER, ADD:
    -

<?php
    if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() > 0) { ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <hr id="catBoxDivider" />
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php echo TEXT_RATHER_COWOA; ?>
    <div class="buttonRow forward">
    <?php echo "<a href=\"" . zen_href_link(FILENAME_NO_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . "\">"; ?>
    <?php echo zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CONTINUE, BUTTON_CONTINUE_ALT); ?></a></div>
    <?php } ?>

i did as requested to the letter and did not take into account the fieldset tag:-

<label class="inputLabel" for="login-password"><?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_password_field('password', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_password') . ' id="login-password"'); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>
    <?php
    if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() > 0) { ?>
    <fieldset>
    <legend>Checkout Without Account</legend>
    <?php echo TEXT_RATHER_COWOA; ?>
    <div class="buttonRow forward">
    <?php echo "<a href=\"" . zen_href_link(FILENAME_NO_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . "\">"; ?>
    <?php echo zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CONTINUE, BUTTON_CONTINUE_ALT); ?></a></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>
    <?php } ?>

the new piece of code has to be placed after </fieldset> and not after <br class="clearBoth" /> as stated.

Anyway problem sorted thanks to CJPinder who kindly pointed me in the right direction.

Cheers
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

Hello all.

Sorry for my absence. I thought I owed everyone an update regarding my disappearing from the forums.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to get my own ZenCart venture off the ground. It was mainly a matter of raising the money to import a few tons of yarn. I guess I've sort of been reluctant to declare the matter dead, but, for now anyway I probably won't be working on ZenCart anymore.

It's not a bad thing, though, where one door closes another opens I guess. I've gotten a hold of a very good job opportunity. So, I'm not posting to declare defeat or anything. (; I just wanted to let you guys know that I won't be able to offer support for this anymore.

There are probably now people more qualified to answer questions about this mod than I am. (;

So, I wanted to formally relinquish any claims over this mod. I will continue to host a demo store as well as my version of the mod for at least 6 months. If somebody puts up another demo store/package host could you please let me know at: meingolem at gmail dot com.

I may be reached at that e-mail for any other matter as well, although I will probably become increasingly unable to figure out the answers to support questions. (;

I may return to ZenCart at some time, but I will not attempt to claim any leadership over the mod. So feel free to do anything you like with it.

I really appreciated all your support and thanks, and I'm glad to have been able to contribute.

Thanks,
    Joe

Page 28 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast