Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

It looks like a css problem, the text / layout is all over the place, have proofed the file names and had written spanish and french wrong (with CAPS), hey its only 00:30 here be crazy not to go for another upload :-)

Thanks once again for all your help....

Richie
    Richie Jones

JMS Music Online

www.jms-music.de

Plugin Contributions

Sure. (;

Let me know how it works out for you. Also, could you let me know what you think of the installation instructions? I separated the new pages and the overrides/writes into two separate folders for the convenience of the user, but I'm afraid that it might be confusing.

Thank you for your help,
    Joe
    Now J_Schilz
    Integrated Checkout Without Account
    (wiki w/pics, demo, download)

Plugin Contributions

I have this running on a clean install of 1.3.6 (I don't use 1.3.7 - yet). Here is the test site if anyone would like to check it out:

http://craftzombie.com/optionalacct/shop/index.php

I have not added the order steps or order status parts of the mod.

I started off as a "no account" customer. Did that twice with same email. Works great.

Then I used the same email to become an account holder. Worked great.

Then I used the same email address to checkout without an account and got the message that I already have an account. As it should. Worked great.

There were no issues with the text emails either.

Tried it in Firefox and IE7. Worked great all the way around.

The only issue I had was with the Log Off part of the checkout success page, which looked like this:

Easy fix I'm sure, in fact I may remove it altogether.

This is the way Zen should be for those of us who still want to have accounts. My mod is good for those who don't need them, but won't work for sellers of downloads and gift certs, so yours would be good for those people too.

Really great job. Thanks for putting it all together and sharing!

Plugin Contributions

I've taken care of a gift certificate issue with today's package. Namely, if you redeem a gift certificate during COWOA then you'll never be able to log back in to use the remaining balance. So, COWOA customers should not be able to redeem gift certificates.

My solution:
    If you haven't begun COWOA, behavior is pretty much the same.

If you have the gift certificates module installed, then a line in the COWOA box on the login page says that you can't use a GV during COWOA.

If you're viewing checkout_payment during COWOA, the GV box will not be displayed.

If you try to redeem a GV by any other method during COWOA, you are 'logged out' of your COWOA session and directed to create an account. Your cart however will be preserved.

I've gotten that all packaged up. That should be all of my features, now it's just bug fixes, cutting out the junk code, etc.

craftzombie: Thank you for testing this, for your feedback, and for your very kind words! (; The way I look at it, we're all pretty useless without the ideas we pick up from each other. I'll see what I can figure out regarding that issue.

Richie: I've got a few more ideas. I've got a couple of installs now that haven't replicated your problem, but there might be some other issues at hand.

Thanks again,
    Joe
    Now J_Schilz

Plugin Contributions

I've tried to install this mod (which I think is great!) and I also added the checkout steps add-on. I get to enter in my information and then receive this error:

Warning: main(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/(userroot)/html/includes/templates/serious_docs/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 119

Warning: main(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/(userroot)/html/includes/templates/serious_docs/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 119

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/(userroot)/includes/templates/serious_docs/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 119

I've tried removing it, and then reinstalling it, but I get the same error.

What did I do wrong? lol

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAvocado View Post
    DevilsAvocado,

I was scratching my head over this for quite a few minutes. "tpl_checkout_default.php"?

Apparently you have one page checkout either installed or incompletely uninstalled. I don't have plans right now on modifying this to a one page checkout, or to be compatible with one page checkout.

If you have previously tried uninstalling it and weren't aware that it was still around I might be able to give some pointers if you'd like to PM me.

Sorry I can't be of more help,
    Joe
    Now J_Schilz

Plugin Contributions

Ok now for the latest installment on the LIVE SITE!!

uploaded the files agin after running my back-up, same error... see earlier post, edited the files listed and now have a small problem, the WHOS ONLINE is not refreshing i.e. enter the shop = 1 guest leave the site and re-enter = 2 guests
    same when logged in as customer, looks great for traffic figures!! :-)

I guess this is an issue within the log out... digging deeper and will keep you informed :-)

Richie
    Richie Jones

JMS Music Online

www.jms-music.de

Plugin Contributions

DOH !!!!

Cache

Admin > whos_online.php

and the 5 language files

:-)

Ok will go for another upload on the test server later today and see if this is an issue with the languages + the new mod from Joe incoorperated

Translations almost finished will post as a ZIP soonest...

Richie
    Richie Jones

JMS Music Online

www.jms-music.de

Plugin Contributions

Okay KGZotU, I've got this running on my live 1.3.6 site and its working beautifully. The process was pretty quick too. So once again, I'm sure you'll get sick of this, but I gotta say it again... THANK YOU! That is all. I will shut up now.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what i have done wrong but i have installed the IntegratedCOWOAbeta.zip file on my test 1.3.7 store running php 4.4.4 http://modscity.co.uk/test/, i uploaded all the files in the overrides-writes folder, but when im about the checkout of my store i click checkout with no account i get a 404 error what have i done worng ?

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast