Page 55 of 123 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

I'm only interested in using the COWOA, I don't want my customers to create any account at all. Is it possible to use only this part of the mod? Has anyone tried?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Exquis View Post
    I'm only interested in using the COWOA, I don't want my customers to create any account at all. Is it possible to use only this part of the mod? Has anyone tried?
    Yes, I tried this once on a test cart. See this post.

You can also bypass the whole login page during checkout. In the cart, for the "checkout" button, you can make it go to main_page=no_account instead of main_page=login. I believe you do that in includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default by changing FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING to FILENAME_NO_ACCOUNT (after you have installed cowoa of course).

Plugin Contributions

Is there any way to get this to work with Google Checkout? When I install the googlecheckout mod the COWOA option disappears. This has worked perfect for me until I tried to use Google. Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I see, both mods overwrite the same files. I wish I knew enough about php to try to combine these files so that they work together. Maybe someone else already has?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi! I'm really excited about this mod. I thought all went well... No so. Today I tried to login as an existing customer and this is the error that I get...

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':email AND COWOA_account != 1' at line 9
    in:
    [SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_authorization, customers_referral FROM zen_customers WHERE customers_email_address = :email AND COWOA_account != 1]

I've been trying to figure it out. I've searched and searched and the only close error message was on a site that I had to translate to read (not good). Please help. I don't even know where to look.

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ladyink View Post
    Hi! I'm really excited about this mod. I thought all went well... No so. Today I tried to login as an existing customer and this is the error that I get...

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':email AND COWOA_account != 1' at line 9
    in:
    [SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_authorization, customers_referral FROM zen_customers WHERE customers_email_address = :email AND COWOA_account != 1]

I've been trying to figure it out. I've searched and searched and the only close error message was on a site that I had to translate to read (not good). Please help. I don't even know where to look.

Nancy

Well, for anyone else that may have this problem... I don't really have an exact answer but it is functioning properly now. I had installed this on two sites. The first site, I merged all the information into the pages that had already existed. That site worked great. Then I found the list of edits that was included with the module. For the second site, I just used the edits. Somewhere in there, something went wrong. Today (since I had made a backup) I uploaded my backup and then went in and merged the codes. Took about 2 hours- BUT IT WORKS!!!

I wish I knew where I went wrong- since I have other sites to add this mod to but in the mean time at least I have a method to work with!

It's great when things are resolved by 9am- it really makes the day seem all that much better!

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Qwert302 View Post
    I see, both mods overwrite the same files. I wish I knew enough about php to try to combine these files so that they work together. Maybe someone else already has?

Thanks.
    I'm no expert... But I have it working with Google Checkout. I used "WinMerge" (A free and great tool- wish I'd had it years ago) and merged the file together. Using the file with Google checkout already in it and added the COWOA code to it. I think (and like I said, I'm no expert) that you really have to worry about:
    includes/templates/YOURTEMP/templates/tpl_login_default.php and
    include/templates/YOURTEMP/templates/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Hi, finally got this working and all was going well but now for some reason the state/province field has gone, well not gone there's a field there with an * to indicate it's required but no name for the field and no drop down menu like there was before, also the default country is not showing up anymore it just says please select your country.
    I have no idea why this would be happening, last time I tried it it was all fine and I haven't made any changes since. Here's a link to the billing info page. https://unique-jewellery.com.au/shop...age=no_account Any ideas anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Okay went back to continue the test I was doing and discovered also that when I click continue checkout after entering billing info I just get the billing info page again, it doesn't move on at all. Please help?

Plugin Contributions

All fixed, please disregard the last 2 messages. Thanks