Plugin Contributions

bug [DONE v1.3.8] Coupon Bug Not Making Payment Required and other issues

Zen Cart 1.3.7
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.7
    v1.3.7 [2007-01-17 12:09:06] (Fresh Installation)

1) Create a coupon code for over 50% off, min order 0
    2) Place 3 or more different items into your cart
    3) Once you go to checkout confirmation the payment method is blank. If you confirm the order comes across with "Payment Method: Gift Certificate/Coupon".

Also,

We had a test order that had 4 items 1 each and 1 item 2 each.
    sub total was 206.62
    shipping was 2.49
    coupon 65% off -134.3
    but the total showed $36.35

Ajeh had given me advice on a problem like this before but the order_total items do not have the additional selections as they did in the previous version. (meaning taxes only option is the sort order)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon Bug Not Making Payment Required and other issues

Have just experienced the same problem. Our coupon only gives 10% off, min. order 300 NOK.

We are running a 1.3.7 zen-cart, upgraded from 1.3.6.

The customer could see the shipping options, and tried using her credit card (norwegian cardia-module), but only came to the checkout_sucess page, wasn't directed to cardia payment-page as supposed to. And the order shows up in admin with gift card/coupon as the methode of payment.

Plugin Contributions

This error happened with us also. The coupon was for 30% off and once the coupon was entered it asked them to confirm the order without having a payment option or payment information entered.

Zen Cart 1.3.7

Thank you,

Shrimp Gumbo

bug Re: Coupon Bug Not Making Payment Required and other issues

I think I can now reproduce this bug consistently on a demo installation on my server. I will outline my steps and hopefully the devs or someone else can confirm.

There are other ways to reproduce this, but this has been consistent for me. We have experienced this a few times on our live store, and I can also reproduce it consistently on the live store, but I wanted to be able to reproduce it on a fresh install with demo data, to help the devs.

I am on a Linux VPS running Centos 4.5, Apache 2.0, PHP 4.3.9, MySQL 4.1.20.

1. Fresh Install of Zen Cart 1.3.7.1, install Demo data.
    2. Create a new coupon:
      Code:
      Coupon Code: 10TEST
      Coupon Name ::  10TEST Coupon
      Coupon Amount ::  10.0000%
      Start Date ::  08/08/2006
      End Date ::  08/08/2009
      Uses per Coupon ::  Unlimited
      Uses per Customer ::  Unlimited
      Valid Product List ::  NONE
      Valid Categories List ::  NONE
      Date Created ::  08/08/2007
      Date Modified ::  08/08/2007
      Coupon Zone Restriction:  ::  0
    3. Open the store and add the 9 movies in the Action subcategory of DVD Movies to the shopping cart.
    4. Click Go to checkout and at the login screen create an account with an address in Florida.
    5. At Checkout step 1, leave the shipping at Flat Rate Best Way and click Continue Checkout.
    6. At Checkout step 2, enter 10TEST in the Discount Coupon Redemption Code and select Credit Card payment method (either payment method will work), using 4111111111111111 as the number. Click Continue Checkout.
    7. At Checkout step 3, the Payment Method will be blank. Click Confirm the Order.
    8. In Admin, the order will show "Gift Certificate/Coupon" as the Payment Method, even though no payment actually gets made.

I believe that the state (Florida in this case) is the key issue, which is related to the Zone Definition in Admin. On our live site, we have only had this problem with orders in Nevada, which is the only Zone Definition we have set up (nearly identical to the FL setup in the demo data).

I hope I didn't miss anything and someone can follow this and reproduce the result. Please let me know if any additional info is needed. I have reproduced this several times, but you just never know. I also have not been able to identify many of the parameters which make it work/not work.

Thanks,
    Jason

Plugin Contributions

Bad news ... I broke it in 1.3.7 and 1.3.7.1 ...

Goodnews ... I could not break it in v1.3.8 ...

I thought DrByte might have posted a fix on that ... but I haven't time to look it up at the moment ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [DONE v1.3.8] Coupon Bug Not Making Payment Required and other issues

Strange, this bug suddenly popped up on our system. I hadn't noticed it before and haven't changed much recently.

We're running 1.3.6. I promise to upgrade to the current version as soon as possible. But, could someone post a bugfix, or link to Dr. Byte's fix so I can get this working immediately?

Thanks!
    Currently using ZEN CART v. 1.3.6

Default Re: [DONE v1.3.8] Coupon Bug Not Making Payment Required and other issues

I tried to find Dr. Byte's fix that Linda mentioned above, but with no luck via search. I also went to his profile and clicked "Find all posts by DrByte", and scanned through the 300 posts that is showed, but that only went back to 7/31!!

These Zen developers do a serious number of support posts!

Anyways, I'll echo magicpants request: can anyone point the way to this fix? We are now hesitant to try to market our store in our home state, Nevada, because this may pop up. Fortunately, the majority of our sales are currently out of state.

Thanks,
    Jason

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jstuff View Post
    I tried to find Dr. Byte's fix that Linda mentioned above, but with no luck via search. I also went to his profile and clicked "Find all posts by DrByte", and scanned through the 300 posts that is showed, but that only went back to 7/31!!

These Zen developers do a serious number of support posts!

Anyways, I'll echo magicpants request: can anyone point the way to this fix? We are now hesitant to try to market our store in our home state, Nevada, because this may pop up. Fortunately, the majority of our sales are currently out of state.

Thanks,
    Jason
    I was able to track down the post where a fix for coupon_admin.php was located, however there is an edit note from August 4th saying the attachment had been removed.

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh or the good Doctor,

Is there any help you can give so we can patch our current versions? What was the fix that was added to 1.3.8 to resolve this problem?

It's hard to get by without the use of coupons in a business like ours.

Thanks again, MP
    Currently using ZEN CART v. 1.3.6

Plugin Contributions

I could of lost my mind ... as I am not finding what I thought was posted ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!