Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot make PayFlow module work

I constantly get an error 137 from the payflow pro module when I try to check out either in test or live mode. My Paypal/Verisign account is working fine -- I tested it from another server using my test code.

This Payflow Pro installation is running on a Unix server (I believe it's a Sun), using the binaries included in the module package. I added some debug statements into includes/modules/payment/payflowpro.php to see what is coming back from from the binary.

This is the line in the code that calles the binary:
    $resultcodes=exec($this->linux_binary . ' '.$url. ' 443 "'.$parmList.'" 30 2>&1', $output, $return_value);

This is what I get back:
    $resultcodes is empty.
    $output is empty
    $return_value is 137

Everything else having to do with the installation (admin page, shopping cart pages) is working fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I am now stuck and I cannot think of anything else to try.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot make PayFlow module work

Does payflow have a forum? I think that's a payflow error code.

Before trying anything else, reupload the payment module ( http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=321) and follow the install instructions again. A file may not have made it during the initial install.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response...

No, 137 is not a Payflow error code. Even if it was, I think there would be a full payflow response message coming back with the error code.

I double checked that all the files are there, but i will reload just in case one of the files was corrupted.

Plugin Contributions

I was going to load the mod to see if I got the same problem, but I don't have a gateway. I only use the paypal IDN or whatever it's called. I don't have paypal pro.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

is the "exec()" function disabled in your server's PHP configuration?

That's a surefire way to prevent this mod from working ...

Your server's errorlog "might" also have some information too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your response...

I don't know how to enable/disable exec(). I looked in the configuration file, and I see that safe_mode is off (this would disable exec() unless it was trying to run something from the defined safe_mode_directory) but I don't see any other reference to exec().

I think exec() is running, because if I change the filename to something non-existent (pfpro22 instead of pfpro), I get the file not found error message back.

I tried running pfpro from the command line, and got the following error:
    pfpro: Cannot find /lib/ld-linux.so.2

Is this a clue, or does the error occur only because the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set from the command line? Our server is a Sun Solaris. Is that an issue?

In parallel with this effort I am in the process of installing pfpro support on the server, so that maybe I can run ths module using the MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYFLOWPRO_SERVEROS == 'LinuxPFPRO' setting.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by georgealter View Post
    pfpro: Cannot find /lib/ld-linux.so.2
    Yes, that's a big clue.
    I'm trying to figure out why it wants that particular file though. Maybe it's got something to do with PF support already in your PHP but maybe older?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the follow-up.

There is no PF support presently -- I wrote a quick script that calls pfpro_version() to verify this.

The PHP version is 5.1.6 -- I noticed on the Payflow page on php.net (http://us3.php.net/pfpro) that PF support after Version 5.1.0 is different (it's in the PECL reository now), but sice it's not loaded, I don't see how that would make a difference.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not up-to-speed on which binaries are used for what when it comes to pfpro in PHP.
    I guess I'd start by googling ld-linux.so.2 and see what it comes up with (922,000 hits on first glance).

I gather from your posts that you manage your own server. You could try it on another server and see what happens there ... and then compare configurations if it "does" work, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Just providing a bit of closure: I was told that the pfpro binaries don't work on a Solaris 6_x86 server, which is the hardware we are using. If that's true, then we are stuck until we switch to a different server.