Plugin Contributions

Default Switch and Maestro cards new version? How do I upgrade ZC ?

Hi, my version of Zen Cart 1.3.6 does not accept Switch/ Maestro/Solo cards.. I've been reading everywhere and found: http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/ceon_manual_card/
    I followed everything it says and installed the files, but nothing has changed...

Then, I installed zen cart again in another directory, to try to play there first.. I don't if it's something I've done with the new installation, but now I can see all the cards: solo, maestro, switch... however, I try to do the same and run the sql patch in my current site and does not work!

Could anybody tell me if the new version of Zen Cart has all the cards available in the payment module??? How can I make that work in my version?

Many thanks....

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Switch and Maestro cards new version?

Hi again.. I kept reading and just found that the new version 1.3.7 has the payment module with Maestro, Switch, Solo, etc cards.. comparing with the version I have that only takes Visa, Mastercard..

My question is: I'd like to upgrade, but I have modified some files, put my logos, etc..

If I click "upgrade zen cart" from my control panel.. will I lose this changes?? will it install the new version with zero database/information??? will my customers, orders, products, categories and settings be lost????

Please advice.. I am worried to lose so much I have .. but also need to be able to take switch and maestro cards as I have complaints and I am losing... so there is no question I should upgrade...

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Switch and Maestro cards new version? How do I upgrade ZC ?

You are in a situation where you may have to consider an upgrade, you sound as though you don't have a lot of confidence in your own abilities to do this. You should be careful and read many of the tutorials on this site on how to upgrade your version of ZC.

If you are not aware already of what could be lost in your upgrade option, then it sounds like you have no concept of overrides, again something you need to be aware of before you update your site.

I do not have the skills necessary to walk you through this process, and nor would i take on the responsibility, however, there are many tutorials on this site telling you exactly how to do it, and how to backup etc before you do any such thing on a live site.

If you still do not feel confident after reading the various howto's and FAQ's on this subject, then perhaps you could pay someone to do it for you?