Plugin Contributions

Default Loading multiple pictures per product through database upload

I am trying to add multiple pictures per product but I am trying to do it by uploading CSV spreadsheets into database instead of using the set up pages.
    I was able to add multiple products with descriptions etc. but I am having trouble figuring out how to add multiple pictures.

Question1 I uploaded jpg files into my_template\images\product1.jpg and specified product1.jpg in products table products_image field. How/where do i specify that i also want to include product1_a.jpg and product1_b.jpg as part of the product listing.

Question #2 Is it REQUIRED to set up a separate directory for each product like:
    my_template\images\product1\product1.jpg
    my_template\images\product2\product2.jpg

Question #3. Is it possible to attach image to an attribute. For example:
    If i have a product mirror that costs the same but the customer has an option to choose the color (it is set up as an attribute) i would like to show the correct color picture next to the item's description
    Red mirror $45.00 mirror1_red.jpg
    Green mirror $45.00 mirror1_green.jpg
    Blue mirror $45.00 mirror1_blue.jpg

Please keep in mind that i am trying to do this on a database upload level.

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Loading multiple pictures per product through database upload

Here's the FAQ on adding multiple images to products:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=58

(Only the "base" image is added to the database ... because only the filename is stored .... all the images are loaded via FTP, as described in the FAQ)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I did read the above FAQ article but still have the questions.

1. Is products table products_image field correct place for specifying filename for main picture?

2. Is it REQUIRED to set up a separate directory for each product like:

3. The FAQ article does not address adding picture per attribute such as color.

4. FAQ article metions "The large image match would then go in /images/large or /images/large/dvd with the Admin defined suffix added to it of _LRG" Where do i define "Admin defined suffix"?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Yes

2. No. extra subdirectories are only needed if you want to specifically categorize certain things.
    Extra images are defined by the filename matching:
    - base name = fredpic.jpg
    - additional names would therefore be: fredpic*****.jpg
    folders are not used to group images at the per-product level

3. Per-attribute image swatches can be added in Admin -> Catalog -> Option Values

4. admin-defined suffix is in Admin->Configuration->Images

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to solve this:

I have product main images, for example: car.jpg but the additional image names aren't based on the main image name for example additional image name would be bike.jpg and bus.jpg

is there a way to define these in the database specific to the product?

Example:

Product Main Image Image 2 Image 3
    Bumper car.jpg bike.jpg bus.jpg

is there a SQL patch i can inject to create these fields in the products table? and a file to tell zen cart to read these fields as additional images?

The problem is, one of my suppliers gives us a .csv that re-uses additional images for many products.

Is this possible with Zen Cart?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kunal View Post
    Is there a way to solve this:

I have product main images, for example: car.jpg but the additional image names aren't based on the main image name for example additional image name would be bike.jpg and bus.jpg

is there a way to define these in the database specific to the product?

Example:

Product Main Image Image 2 Image 3
    Bumper car.jpg bike.jpg bus.jpg

is there a SQL patch i can inject to create these fields in the products table? and a file to tell zen cart to read these fields as additional images?

The problem is, one of my suppliers gives us a .csv that re-uses additional images for many products.

Is this possible with Zen Cart?
    Not possible in the current version without significant recoding.
    And, unless my memory is waning, I don't recall any addons accomplishing that either.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response DrByte. I think it would make a great add-on.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ericny View Post
    I am trying to add multiple pictures per product but I am trying to do it by uploading CSV spreadsheets into database instead of using the set up pages.
    I was able to add multiple products with descriptions etc. but I am having trouble figuring out how to add multiple pictures.

Question1 I uploaded jpg files into my_template\images\product1.jpg and specified product1.jpg in products table products_image field. How/where do i specify that i also want to include product1_a.jpg and product1_b.jpg as part of the product listing.

Question #2 Is it REQUIRED to set up a separate directory for each product like:

Question #3. Is it possible to attach image to an attribute. For example:
    If i have a product mirror that costs the same but the customer has an option to choose the color (it is set up as an attribute) i would like to show the correct color picture next to the item's description
    Red mirror $45.00 mirror1_red.jpg
    Green mirror $45.00 mirror1_green.jpg
    Blue mirror $45.00 mirror1_blue.jpg

Please keep in mind that i am trying to do this on a database upload level.

Thank you
    Did you manage to resolve this?

I also would like to upload in mass to DB but cannot find where the attribute image info is stored. Unlike the _MED & _LRG images I've found the attribute image does not need to called by the same name.

I have added attribute images through Admin & as mention just used odd names like attrib1.jpg & attrib2.jpg ect, this naming convention would work for me as many products share attributes, then I've tried to find where this info is stored, the Zen must look somewhere for this info but I cannot find it.

Anyone else had this problem?