Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default I want to see order subtotals before paying

Hi DrByte

well I test the patch and it works and this send me to form to pay the products but I cant see line-item details, just one question.

The line-items is display after of login or after of input my information and credit card number?

Well I know that this sound stupid but I m really new on zen car and paypal

I hope that you can understand me and help me.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"after" you've purchased, you will see the details of what you purchased when you look at the order-confirmation email sent by Zen Cart. You can also review the details of the completed order by clicking My Account.

"before" you purchase, you see the details of what you will be paying for in 3 places: the shopping-cart page, the checkout-payment page, and the checkout-confirmation page. All of these are Zen Cart pages. You will not see the purchase price details on the PayPal site because that information is not finalized before you log in to PayPal. The transaction is completed "later" from within Zen Cart, not on the PayPal site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express (81108) Error

ok I understand

is just that I want or my boss want that in paypal display the line-item details like in the paypal IPN but paypal ipn, this no works for me because no display the line items details just display de total you know what I meant
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54817
    and I read for that problem I need to install the paypal express and then the line items was correct

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The line-item details will be added to the PayPal Express Checkout receipt email ONLY if there are no discounts, coupons, gift certificates or other price-alteration/reductions applied to the order.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

then you say that is no way I can see de line-item details of tha way that I want or like the paypal IPN but showing correctely the items and the Shipping & Handling

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry I apparently don't understand what exactly you want.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry my english is so bad

well how you see in this commenthttp://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54817
    in the paypal IPN the line-items details is not correct and I have the same problem and you say that for that paypal show the line-item correctly I have install the paypal express, and after of all problems for install correctly the paypal express, this is ok

But when I checkout whit the paypal express the line-item details is not there how I know what item and what Shipping & Handling I going to pay?.

I know that this information was showed in my zen-car but pay pal can show too like does in the paypal IPN

thanks for you patience

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I think you have the methods confused. There are differences:

1. PayPal IPN method
    a. customer adds items to shopping cart
    b. customer chooses shipping option
    c. customer chooses payment method (ie: PayPal IPN) (they can see subtotal information including shipping)
    d. customer clicks Continue on Checkout-Confirmation screen (they can see subtotal information including shipping)
    e. customer is redirected to PayPal site to log in and complete payment (they can see subtotal information)
    f. customer is emailed a receipt from PayPal stating how much they spent. NO line-item details are on this email.
    g. customer is emailed an order confirmation from Zen Cart stating exactly what was purchased ... with all line-item and subtotal details.

2. PayPal Express Checkout method
    a. customer adds items to shopping cart
    b. customer clicks orange Express Checkout button
    c. customer is redirected to PayPal so they can log in and choose how they wish to pay (they do NOT see any price information, because price is NOT YET determined)
    d. customer returns to Zen Cart checkout page to review prices and select shipping options (customer can see subtotal and shipping information)
    e. customer is taken to Checkout Confirmation screen (they can see subtotal information here)
    f. customer clicks Confirm on the Checkout Confirmation screen to complete the order and have Zen Cart collect the money from the customer's PayPal account (which they had logged into earlier).
    g. customer is emailed a receipt from PayPal. If no discounts applied to the order, then the receipt will include the line-item and subtotal details
    h. customer is emailed an order confirmation from Zen Cart stating exactly what was purchased ... with all line-item and subtotal details.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte

Now I understand all points and I just can say thak you so much and thak you for you time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I want to see order subtotals before paying

Dr Byte
    I have one more question.

well I make a test with pay pal checkout but I never recived the confirmation email, I check the email account of the store and there is a mail but in the account of my customer not this is normal or may be this a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast