Plugin Contributions

Default New Problem with slow site..

Well I last thought the slowness to our site was due to a database problem. I was only half right about that.

I installed a new (same) installation of zen cart. Created a new database(which created itself on a different server than the original store database, both seperate from the hosting server) and transfered the original database to the new store database. Everything ran smooth. link: http://www.clearwateroutdoor.com/testshop/

Then I changed the location in the config files of the database location in the original store to point towards the new database. This solved the problems we were having inside the admin panel while dealing with products/categories. Everything is now speedy.

Back in the original store, Http://www.clearwateroutdoor.com/shop/ things are not so. On any page that a product loads, the site is very slow. Other pages such as the site map, contact info, shipping etc (located in the footer) or any top level categories(links from the brown navigation menu except for kids) are of normal speed. link:http://www.clearwateroutdoor.com/sho...index&cPath=60

Anyone know why pages that list products would be slow? Possibly something to do with the images or image handler? thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Problem with slow site..

never mind, ignore this thread It was completely a database problem. now fixed. mods can delete

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Problem with slow site..

Thanks for the update ... this will help others with a similar surprise issue ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!