Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Copy/clone of TABLE shipping module 1.3.7

Ajeh, thanks for your quick answer. I am not sure I understand well what you mean with the flat shipping module.

Do you think that I can rename and clone my shipping module TABLE2 to FLAT and chnage the table to to flat and TABLE2 to FLAT and try to use the COD for FLAT in ot_cod_fee module ?

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Copy/clone of TABLE shipping module 1.3.7

I have got it. It works correctly thanks to your consultation.

The solution is here:

open file include/modules/order_total/ot_cod_fee.php
    find the line with code:

if (substr_count($_SESSION['shipping']['id'], 'table') !=0) $cod_zones = split("[:,]", MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COD_FEE_TABLE);

and under the code insert this code:

if (substr_count($_SESSION['shipping']['id'], 'table2') !=0) $cod_zones = split("[:,]", MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COD_FEE_TABLE2);

then find the first occurence of this code

'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COD_FEE_TABLE',

and behalf this code and infront of that code

'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COD_FEE_UPS',

insert this code

'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COD_FEE_TABLE2',

then find this line:

$db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('COD Fee for TABLE', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COD_FEE_TABLE', 'AT:3.00,DE:3.58,00:9.99', 'TABLE: <Country code>:<COD price>, .... 00 as country code applies for all countries. If country code is 00, it must be the last statement. If no 00:9.99 appears, COD shipping in foreign countries is not calculated (not possible)', '6', '5', now())");

and under this line insert this code:

$db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('COD Fee for TABLE2', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COD_FEE_TABLE2', 'AT:3.00,DE:3.58,00:9.99', 'TABLE: <Country code>:<COD price>, .... 00 as country code applies for all countries. If country code is 00, it must be the last statement. If no 00:9.99 appears, COD shipping in foreign countries is not calculated (not possible)', '6', '6', now())");

After this we have to change +1 the second value between the code …..(not possible)', and , now())"); in all lines under our inserted line e.g..:

…..(not possible)', '6', '7', now())"); change to ….. (not possible)', '6', '8', now())");
    …..(not possible)', '6', '8', now())"); change to….. (not possible)', '6', '9', now())");
    …..(not possible)', '6', '9', now())"); change to….. (not possible)', '6', '10', now())");

etc.

then we have to run this sql code in admin:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (999, 'COD Fee for TABLE2', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COD_FEE_TABLE2', 'CZ:56', 'TABLE2: <Country code>:<COD price>, .... 00 as country code applies for all countries. If country code is 00, it must be the last statement. If no 00:9.99 appears, COD shipping in foreign countries is not calculated (not possible)', 6, 6, NULL, '2007-03-06 20:50:29', NULL, NULL);

.... and that is all

It tooks me one week

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copy/clone of TABLE shipping module 1.3.7

eazy smeazy eh?!

Thanks for posting the update that worked for you on adding a new shipping module to the COD Fee Orders Total Module ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have the instalation package but only in czech. If I have a few minutes time I try to translate it to english and change the languages file eg. table.php, table2.php to "neutral" shipping modules called again TABLE, TABLE2 etc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You are cloning the 2 files:
    /includes/modules/shipping/table.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/table.php

to the files:
    /includes/modules/shipping/table1.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/table1.php

Change all words:
    table to table1

TABLE to TABLE1

NOTE: These are case sensative ...

WARNING: Do NOT change anything that starts with the word TABLE_ as this is a physical table in the database ...

Test ... table1 ... does it work?

If so, now clone table1.php files to table2.php files looking for the words:
    table1
    TABLE1

as those will help skip the database TABLE_ references ...

Let us know how it goes ...
    Ajeh,

Does this force the cutomer to their own country rate, cause I am having trouble with some customers, picking the "best" rate. One from Canada, can see the other rates, and chooses the cheapest. The same goes with a customer in the UK.

I currently have table rate set up (default):

Zone Rates

You know just thought about something, should I disable the default table rates and just use the Zone rates? Or should make a couple clones?

Just getting tired of customers choosing the "cheapest rate"!

Gerry

Plugin Contributions

If you use Table Rate clones for various countries ... you need to build Zones for them so you can filter who sees which one ...

One image you show is Table Rate table with no Zone setting and a clone turned off ...

The other image is Zone Rate zones ... and on Zone you have US set for the Skip and for Zone 1 ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

If you use Table Rate clones for various countries ... you need to build Zones for them so you can filter who sees which one ...

One image you show is Table Rate table with no Zone setting and a clone turned off ...

The other image is Zone Rate zones ... and on Zone you have US set for the Skip and for Zone 1 ...
    Yeah, the one clone turned off was a test, from a thread posted about making changes to table Table, etc, but cannot find that thread, it had someome from Mexico talking about that!

My primary customers right now are US, CA, and UK, so I would like to have that as is, but which should I use? I also have Free shipping with orders >$45.

The table rates were for the US only, then the zone rates were for everywhere else, but I see both the CA and UK customers choosing Table Rate and "Best Way".

Should I make clones for each Country? or Just use Zone Rates. Another problem I may see is I dont want those in other countries to get the Free option, or add a handling fee.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

If you uninstall Zone Rate and edit the module:
    /includes/modules/shipping/zones.php

And change the number of Zones to 4 ... then setup US, CA, GB and 00 ... where 00 means everyone else ...

NOTE: UK is GB not UK ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

If you uninstall Zone Rate and edit the module:
    /includes/modules/shipping/zones.php

And change the number of Zones to 4 ... then setup US, CA, GB and 00 ... where 00 means everyone else ...

NOTE: UK is GB not UK ...
    ah ok, didnt know you can do that, will do it now.

Thanks,

Gerry
    Last edited by gcampos; 12 Aug 2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: mispelled word

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

You have written a very good post about cloning the table shipping module. It seems to work on my cart. I have created an EXPRESS shipping module using the name TABLE_EXPRESS. It shows up fine on step 1 of checkout process, but when it goes to step 2, it shows up the original module pricing and wording - NORMAL shipping and the price is the NORMAL shipping price as well. Can anyone help me and see why it's doing that?

Thanks.

Tyrone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12