Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Table for US - USPS Calc for Int?

I am doing some restructuring to my site and how we ship our items. We sell jewelry supplies and shipping via weight is not working as many of our products vary in weight even though they are the same item. ie. natural gemstones, pearl strands etc.

Since we opened we have been usuing USPS to calc shipping and allow the users to choose their shipping type. About 95% this would cause a variance in shipping fees from what we actually charged the customer.

So what I need to do is set it up like this:

Domestic - Use table rates based on $$$
    Int - Use USPS to Calc rates.

I have it configured right now using Zone Rates and I create a Zone just for the US that display the appropriate prices.

I also have USPS configured and only have the International options checked.

This appears to work fine except that now my domestic users get a prompt that says:

We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use.
    If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.
    (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)

Is there anyway to hide this warning or is their a better setup I can use for my store? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Table for US - USPS Calc for Int?

Update -

Everything is functioning fine. I just need to figure out how to get rid of:

- The USPS error, which I am sure is defined somewhere.
    - Change 'Best Rate' to something else. I am also sure this is defined somewhere. I'll have to do a bit of digging.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Table for US - USPS Calc for Int?

SOLVED

This first edit just changes the word Zone Rates to a more friendly looking 'USPS First Class' of whatever you choose.

Edit:
    includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zones.php

Change:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_TITLE', 'Zone Rates');
    To:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_TITLE', 'USPS First Class');

Save as:
    includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/yourtemplate/zones.php

This next edit changes the USPS error that pops up when you don't want to use USPS for US sales. You could do some more editing to make the error disappear completely but I chose just to edit the text to a more user friendly statement.

Edit:
    includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php

Change:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TEXT_ERROR', 'We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use.<br />If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.<br />(Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)');

To:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TEXT_ERROR', 'If you are shipping within the US please select Shipping To US from the box below. If you reside outside of the US, we were unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use. Please check to make sure you entered your address correctly.');

Save as:
    includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/yourtemplate/usps.php