Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pay Pal IPN is not carring over my orders

RCWalter? Please post your system stats. Are you running MySQL 5.0? Is your webserver based on your PC? ie; Abyss or Apache? ect; ect;. Dr. Byte needs this info.
    Thank you. John

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I should have included that.

Server OS: Linux 2.6.19-1_3.BHsmp
    Database: MySQL 4.1.21-standard
    PHP Version: 4.4.6 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

Hosted by bluehost.com

Plugin Contributions

I found this in my php error_log:
    [10-Apr-2007 16:25:13] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/me/public_html/zencart/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 226

Might that be calling the email to me or the customer, and when it fails, it dies right out of the php before completing the next step...which may then be posting the order?

Plugin Contributions

Well, now that I'm looking back above at the debug log posted by golowenow, I see that the next thing after Breakpoint 1 is
    IPN INFO :: Transaction email details.
    My log ends at Breakpoint 1, and I have that Fatal Error in functions_email.php

I'm starting to suspect there's something wrong. :)

But, it works fine if I use check/money order instead of PayPal. What's the difference, I would think it would fire off the email call either way?

Plugin Contributions

Whooooo! It's working!
    No idea now what did it. As a result of searching all through the modules/payment/*paypal*.php files looking for email calls, I got the bright idea to turn off the "email" portion of the "log and email" debug in the paypal module. So now it works.

Looks like something I did between turning on debug and turning it off must have fixed it, but at the same time the email portion double-broke it!

I did things such as installing the patch, and installing then removing express checkout. So, I don't know which of those (or something else I did) was the trick. So I just won't use the email portion of the debug. I still don't get it though, I was getting the emails just fine.

Plugin Contributions

RCWalters? Are you saying that the IPN module is working correctly now? Is it listing items in your invoices that were purchased? Or does the invoice look like mine above?
    Thank you for info
    Last edited by golowenow; 11 Apr 2007 at 03:35 AM. Reason: forgot to add image

Plugin Contributions

A question for Dr. Byte. I was recently having a problem with the sessions table crashing. I changed the sessions cache from

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db');

to

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

in my config files. The sessions files are now being stored in the CACHE folder of Zencart. It appears that all is working correctly there. PHP is adding and removing them as it is supposed too. Would this effect IPN?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

STORE_SESSIONS settings should have no impact on IPN handling.

You could always try changing it back for a test ....

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The rcwalters problem, while their first post said "I'm having the same problem", was apparently related to the original poster's discussion for this thread ... which has long since been lost with golowenow's specific problem. For them, *no* orders were being stored to Zen Cart due to a PHP error.

The golowenow problem is failing mid-stream of storing the order details ... a PHP or MySQL error is the likely cause, but the failure is happening in a very different place for different reasons.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK Dr. Byte.
    Changed the setting from '' to 'db' in both config files on Wildercraft and ran test. Same results. No items listed in invoices and items not changing to "SOLD". Guess that is not the problem. Was looking back at version 1.3.0 Zencart IPN_main_handler.php. With the new Express module that sure has changed! When I was running that cart IPN was working ok. But then too I was running MySQL 4.xx and an older version of PHP. Looking forward to more info and tests . Each test is costing me on PayPal as I have Premier accounts and thus have to pay fees LOL. Good luck on researching this. Wow! a lot of views on this thread aye??

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast