Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MY Admin has been HACKED?!

Merlin... thanks for sticking with me here. I was away all weekend and of course miserable knowing that this software wasn't working properly. HOWEVER, I have a bit of unsettling news. It was NOT the database being hacked. It was my Server upgrading everyone (without them knowing) to PHP 5?! I was on with several tech support guys who were sending in tickets to their level 2 support to restore the database from a week ago when I got a "genius" on the phone who said... Oh, we just finished updating all our customers to PHP5 and that would cause your admin area to not work???!!! HELLLOOOO!!! What are people thinking??

Anyway, he switched all 3 sites back to PHP4 which they were installed under and the problem is FIXED! Amen!!!

Thank you for the very effective help and kindness in your replies here on the forum! I HIGHLY recommend this software. I have switched from OsCommerce and have been very pleased.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MY Admin has been HACKED?!

This sort of unilateral behaviour from hosts is all too common... and I believe it indicates why zen cart store owners ought to consider hosting ONLY with a host that truly understands zen cart.

An arbitrary decision by some propellor-head at the hosting company to do everyone a "favour" and "ugrade server software" can mean - for most zen cart stores A SERIOUS LOSS OF INCOME.

(Perhaps zenners should threaten to sue their hosts if any deliberate action on the host's part results in loss of income)???

.... or rather... just terminate your hosting at these sorts of places and get the zen professionals do it.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12