Plugin Contributions

Default A couple of customization questions after upgrading to the latest version

I've just managed to upgrade from an earlier version via a fresh install and upgrading/linking up the old database (just glad I made backups of the database )

I did a clean reinstall of the shop as there wasn't much needing to be changed and have it looking pretty much the way it was before apart from 2 basic things that I just can't solve...

1. The space between the search box (skateboardstickers.co.uk) and home is too big - seems like it is 1 space out.
    2. Where is the css for changing the size of the top horizontal links.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A couple of customization questions after upgrading to the latest version

Post a url to this
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A couple of customization questions after upgrading to the latest version

Plugin Contributions

For your top links i the stylesheet.css file find and change/add what you need:
    Code:
    #navMainWrapper, #navSuppWrapper, #navCatTabsWrapper {
    	margin: 0em;
    	background-color: #009900;
    	background-image: url(../images/tile_back.gif);
    	padding: 0.5em 0.2em;
    	font-weight: bold;
    	color: #009900;
    	height: 1%;
    	}
    For the search spacing- do you mean the sidebox distance from the nav bar above it?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks for the correct css

yes, the distance between where the search box is and just below the horizontal links/tabs/nav bar. I used the mod moving that home/login bar to the bottom

Plugin Contributions

OK...I do not favor the multiple occurrences of a tag that are present due to possible conflicting settings. I suggest that you find the occurrences of these 3
    #navCatTabsWrapper, #navColumnOneWrapper, and #navColumnTwoWrapper

Record the settings for each occurrence then break these out into their own entries(removing them from all others) and applying the cumlative setting to each just to remain as you were as a start.

Then you can adjust each as an individual tag without having to be concerned that a later occurence might influence a change.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Have sorted out the first question - thank you!

For the second I don't understand. I've searched for #navCatTabsWrapper, and get the below but don't have a clue what code I need to put where.

.centeredContent, TH, #cartEmptyText, #cartBoxGVButton, #cartBoxEmpty, #cartBoxVoucherBalance, #navCatTabsWrapper, #navEZPageNextPrev, #bannerOne, #bannerTwo, #bannerThree, #bannerFour, #bannerFive, #bannerSix, #siteinfoLegal, #siteinfoCredits, #siteinfoStatus, #siteinfoIP, .center, .cartRemoveItemDisplay, .cartQuantityUpdate, .cartQuantity,

Plugin Contributions

I won't go through them all but to get you started this is what you have:

Code:
    #navMainWrapper, #navSuppWrapper, #navCatTabsWrapper {
    	background-color: #009900;
    	background-image: url(../images/tile_back.gif);
    	padding: 0em 0em;
    	}

#navCatTabsWrapper {
    	background-color: #ffffff;
    	background-image:none;
    }

.centeredContent, TH, #cartEmptyText, #cartBoxGVButton, #cartBoxEmpty, #cartBoxVoucherBalance, #navCatTabsWrapper, #navEZPageNextPrev, #bannerOne, #bannerTwo, #bannerThree, #bannerFour, #bannerFive, #bannerSix, #siteinfoLegal, #siteinfoCredits, #siteinfoStatus, #siteinfoIP, .center, .cartRemoveItemDisplay, .cartQuantityUpdate, .cartQuantity, .cartTotalsDisplay, #cartBoxGVBalance, .leftBoxHeading, .centerBoxHeading,.rightBoxHeading, .productListing-data, .accountQuantityDisplay, .ratingRow, LABEL#textAreaReviews, #productMainImage, #reviewsInfoDefaultProductImage, #productReviewsDefaultProductImage, #reviewWriteMainImage, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .additionalImages, .centerBoxContentsSpecials, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .centerBoxContentsFeatured, .centerBoxContentsNew, .gvBal, .attribImg {
    	text-align: center;
    	}
    What I am suggesting is that you pull/remove #navCatTabsWrapper from all three of these areas and create one that encompasses the values applied from all three....you will have to decide on the color and background image as these are in conflict in the first 2 so that you end up with only one occorrence of this that contains all current settings and looks something like this:
    Code:
    #navCatTabsWrapper {
            text-align: center;
    	background-color: #??????;
    	background-image: url(../images/tile_back.gif); or none???
    	padding: 0em 0em;
    	}
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help.

I've had a go but not getting anywhere - I'm sure it's easy when you know how haha. I'll have a good go later.