Plugin Contributions

Default Any problems with language packs in 1.37?

Hi all,

I really need some help. Please excuse me if this isn't the right forum for this problem. Admins may move it if it isn't.

Just recently installed 1.37 for the first time. Tried to install a language pack, which I have personally been translating (straight from the default English files included).

I get this error message only when trying to reach admin area (it won't let me login. The front end seems fine and shows the new language. I am substituting the host and shop name for now, since it is still not published):

--
    Warning: main(includes/languages/spanish/email_extras.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \host\shopname\admin\includes\languages\spanish.php on line 669

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/spanish/email_extras.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in \host\shopname\admin\includes\languages\spanish.php on line 669
    --

I am presuming this error may happen with any new language pack. I haven't finished the translation yet thou, but I can't think that an unfinished translation could be the problem, as I got this error message before, with other finished packs.

Any lead to solve the problem will be HUGELY appreciated.

Best regards,

Mori

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any problems with language packs in 1.37?

Sounds like you are missing files in your translation ...

Check your language files against /english and you should have a 1 for 1 match in any other language ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

Thanks for replying. But all the files are there, the cause must be other than that one.

I have seen similar threads in all published pages here, but incredibly enough no one has treated this issue.

Will thanks in advance to anyone who might give me a lead.

Mori

Plugin Contributions

Hihi again all,

Well it seems I somehow fixed my problem, but not too sure which of the things I did, made the final fix. For sure had to be among these changes:

1. First I deleted all secondary language packs. Made a copy of the "english.php" file (which is the default) and pasted it with the name of the next language I was interested (spanish.php in my case). I know this is the way you start a translation, but had to to do it again, just for troubleshooting.

2. Made sure to write the correct locale into BOTH files in includes/languages/yournewlanguage.php AND in admin/includes/languages/yournewlanguage.php, in the following line:

setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.ISO_8859-1');

I made sure that "en_US.ISO_8859-1" was accordingly to my language code, country and zone. You can find the correct codes in the "admin" area, under "Localizations".

3. (Not sure if this one had anything to do but it worked fine in my test server so I implemented it in my final publication.) I changed the 'sort order' of the final default language to 0 (zero), followed by the next language to 1 (one).

At the end it seems that the admin directory HAS to have a language directory exactly equal to that one in the front end 'includes' folder, even if it is an exact copy of the original "english" files and folders, but with the names of those files and folders changed to whatever language you want to add.

I know... this was a big DOH!. But for a newbie like me, this was like discovering America before the vikings...

I hope this helps someone else on the run. Will soon post/deliver the translated files, which are formal Spanish, with the twist of the Caribbean, muahahaha...

Hasta la vista baby...

Mori
    Last edited by morituri; 11 Mar 2007 at 09:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by morituri View Post

At the end it seems that the admin directory HAS to have a language directory exactly equal to that one in the front end 'includes' folder, even if it is an exact copy of the original "english" files and folders, but with the names of those files and folders changed to whatever language you want to add.
    Wait, here I meant the same languages, not the same content inside the language files and folders. In other words, if you have 'yourlanguage.php' file with 'yourlanguage' folder in the front end language directory, you will need another 'yourlanguage.php' and 'yourlanguage' folder in the admin language directory area. But each directory with its correspondent files. The files for each location are not the same, for what I saw.

That must be of common knowledge, but my thought comes after I downloaded a pack that was meant for both areas, but ultimately didn't have the admin files (or were not clearly pointed out), so it is easy to infer that both directories can have the same language files.

If I am wrong please feel free to clarify.

Mori

Plugin Contributions

Hi ,

I have to install multiple language pack on my site. I'm aware that by changing the files , it will change the header & label of product because they are related to constant string which will be refer by finish/french/german.

I want to know, How it is possible to convert product description in multiple language.

The below site are developed by oscommerce.However, on those site, i'm seeing language changes occur on all the pages.

http://www.costume-box.com/

regards,
    kinjal shah