Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default paypal express how to install? and localhost issues

hi,

I will start this thread on a specific questions as opposed to a general one earlier. I want to use paypal express.

q) to set up checkout express , can i do this on my localhost and do i need curl.
    How do i set this up exactly?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express

q) I have a premier account with paypal, and ZC asks for an api settings with paypal whcih I can't see on my paypal account info.

q) There is an option for sandbox and does this work with ZC?

where are the seup instructions for this?

Plugin Contributions

Go to your paypal account, look in your profile,than to API access. You have to request API access. Paypal will send you username,password and signature.
    This you have to put in you set up of Papal express.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Setup instructions for Express Checkout are here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/getpaypal

You'll also find a shortened version of them in your Zen Cart admin in the Modules->Payment area, after clicking on the PayPal Express Checkout option.

Your webserver will require CURL support in order to use Express Checkout.
    If you need help setting up CURL on localhost, please refer to webhostingtalk.com or any other server-configuration website for assistance on your specific environment.

You can use the PayPal sandbox for testing if you like. There is an option to enable sandbox mode, which can be found inside the payment module settings in your Zen Cart admin. The sandbox is a developer tool more than a storeowner tool. As such, using the sandbox is a matter outside the scope of Zen Cart support. Please refer to https://developer.paypal.com/ for sandbox matters. You generally don't need the sandbox to test basic PayPal transactions. Simply perform some live transactions and refund them if you wish to avoid the service charges. See this wiki article on testing PayPal with Zen Cart.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express how to install?

Thanks for that.
    I hadn't seen the forum for a while and just saw your message.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I follow the instrcutions as above witha premier account, click on paypal when proceed to checkput is pressed , have an item to buy .50c and then I get a blank screen after clicking on confirm order ?
    At The shopping cart screen there is also a button togot paypal and when i click on that nothing happens.

I did it from localhost and used setup the module as expalined with signature,username,passwrd etc.

Plugin Contributions

moved message

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mex View Post
    q) to set up checkout express , can i do this on my localhost and do i need curl.
    How do i set this up exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    ...Your webserver will require CURL support in order to use Express Checkout.
    If you need help setting up CURL on localhost, please refer to webhostingtalk.com or any other server-configuration website for assistance on your specific environment.
    I get a blank screen after clicking on confirm order ?
    At The shopping cart screen there is also a button togot paypal and when i click on that nothing happens.

I did it from localhost and used setup the module as expalined with signature,username,passwrd etc.
    This sounds like your localhost is not configured to support CURL, which is required in order to talk to the PayPal servers. You'll need to have that working in order to test it. Why not install your Zen Cart site on a live server and test that way ? You need to be on a live server to do live processing, so this would be an ideal way to test it for you.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express how to install? and localhost issues

Ok but how do i check if the server wil support cURL.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express how to install? and localhost issues

Ok but how do i check if the server wil support cURL.
    1. Did you install CURL ? If not, then since you're running on localhost you'll need to install it. You can find the files and code for CURL support online.
    I went to Google and found these references. I'm sure there are more if these aren't sufficient:
    http://energy.sdsu.edu/testcenter/te...hpinstall.html
    http://www.tonyspencer.com/2003/10/2...he-on-windows/
    http://curl.haxx.se/download.html
    http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html

2. You can also see if there is CURL support by looking at the PHPINFO output found in Admin->Tools->Server Info
    or run /zc_install/techsupp.php via your browser.
    Look for indications that CURL is available or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast