Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default "Invalid HTTP Header" errors

Looks like the problem is back

Zen Cart 1.3.7, virgin install with the demo database. NO template changes at all, NO overrides, no extra modules. IPN worked fine (it is "removed" now for the sake of clarity). Express checkout is configured with the API info from PayPal and is switched to "live". Other settings are all module-default.

I created one new product and tried to buy it via Express Checkout. (with nominal price of $0.01 and a shipping charge of $0.01)

Error message is: "We were not able to process your order. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (Invalid HTTP Header)"

I have uploaded paypalwpp.php 5561 but the problem is still there. [ I wonder if the zip was supposed to contain more than this one file?]

I am attaching all logs (API user name has been removed).

Is this your favorite bug report or what?

Do give me some hope!

Thx!

Moderator note: Attachment removed for privacy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express errors

According to Zen Cart:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-023stab033.1-enterprise
    PHP Version: 5.0.4 (Zend: 2.0.4-dev)
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Database: MySQL 4.1.20
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora)

Let me know if there is more info I can provide!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Invalid HTTP Header errors

When you tested this, were you using the Express Checkout button from the shopping cart, or did you select PayPal as a payment choice on the Checkout_Payment page ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

From your logs it appears as though you're going through checkout normally and choosing PayPal from the checkout_payment page.

1. Add something to cart.

2. Commence checkout. Login, choose shipping options. Choose PayPal from payment page.

3. Click Confirm on checkout-confirmation page, which triggers this:
    SetExpressCheckout: 'TIMESTAMP' => '2007-01-17T03:34:58Z',

4. Select PayPal options on PayPal site. This took approx 2.5 minutes before returning to Zen Cart, which triggers this:
    GetExpressCheckoutDetails: 'TIMESTAMP' => '2007-01-17T03:37:36Z',

5. Normally the system would then attempt to complete the transaction with a call to DoExpressCheckoutPayment.
    Instead, yours is assembling an empty set of data:
    Request Parameters: array (
    '' => NULL,
    )
    ...resulting in 'TIMESTAMP' => '2007-01-17T03:37:37Z',
    'L_ERRORCODE0' => '10001',
    'L_SHORTMESSAGE0' => 'Invalid HTTP Header',
    'L_LONGMESSAGE0' => 'PPBaseException: CONTENT_LENGTH must be >0

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The original logs were for my pressing "Checkout with PayPal" from the checkout page (a partial screenshot is attached as "1.gif"). That takes me to PayPal sign-in page. BTW there are more than three log files generated in the process - I can attach the full set if you you think the earlier ones are relevant.

Paypal after one more screen returns me to the 3-step process in the cart, and the process ends with the error message (2.gif)

I also tried clicking "Checkout with PayPal" straight from the shopping cart (3.gif) with the same result: It takes me to paypal, I log in , one screen later am returned to the site, go through 3 - step process, same error message at the end.

I also tried the process as a "returning customer" (just in case) with the same sad results.

I am open to suggestions. BTW, I am ok with fiddling with the code and doing command-line things if necessary, so don't be shy ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	1262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	1263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	1264  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, so that confirms that we at least know it's croaking somewhere in preparing the DoExpressCheckoutPayment step ...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You don't want to know the cause of this ...

Your product name is:
    Code:
    FreezeFramer-fake<span class="markProductOutOfStock">***</span>
    ... and the code knows that PayPal doesn't want to see " marks in product names, so it was aborting, rather than stripping them out.

New version posted here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Invalid HTTP Header" errors

Doc, you are my hero!
    I would personally come and rub your belly for luck, but do not want to disturb your sanity :-D

I am putting the patch through its paces now and so far it works like a charm (mostly).

I noticed that PayPal does not give me an option to pay with a credit card without logging in anymore (even though I do have it ticked ON in my Web Payment Preferences). Could it have anything to do with the code changes?

Thanks again!

A>

Plugin Contributions

No it is reading the cookie on your computer - knows you have an account. If you dlete that PayPal cookie you will see the Credit Card option again.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, the problem was more complex. The fix is posted in DrByte's patches announced here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216
    Last edited by DrByte; 10 Mar 2007 at 06:14 AM. Reason: link updated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast