Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Ok I give up!....DrByte?

Sorry to call you out DrByte but you were so helpful a year (yes, a year!) ago when this seemed to daunting to go to far. I've taught myself a lot in the last few days, working literally dusk to dawn, but still have a couple of issues (one I'll post in the easy populate area since it doesn't fit here) I simply haven't been able to track down.

Category name maximum length still appears to be small in this, 1.3.7, version and I've seen bits and pieces mentioning where to set new lengths but no details. Don't see it in the Admin Config. panel either.

Can you (anyone) let me know the files and their locations to set the maximum product category description length to something a little higher.

Look for my Easy Populate isse too if you get a chance!

Thanks for prior encouragement, I'm getting there!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ok I give up!....DrByte?

You may wish to read the threads on Easy Populate or contact the author of it for additional help ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.
    Maybe I didn't write clearly, sorry.

This question is about Zen Cart maximum character length for product category description which I believe now is about 30 characters, need to increase it.

I'm certain it can be done but can't figure out the files that need to be edited (though I'm pretty certain there's more than one based on passed reading).

Though I elude to the Easy Populate problem, I posted that question in the other contributions area which, I trust, is the right area.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

If you look in your database via phpMyAdmin you would need to change the products_name field to larger in all locations such as:
    products_description
    orders_products

To ensure you have the name increased do a search on an export of your database structure and review it so none are left shorter than the others ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Excuse the ignorance, phpMyAdmin?

Sorry, I'm learning literally by hunt and peck method.

How do I get/find phpMyAdmin?

Plugin Contributions

phpMyAdmin is a database management program that should have come with your site control panel ...

If you are unsure how to access this, contact your hosting site for further instructions and they can help you get logged into it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ok, looks like this is an SQL issue and I have zero experience at that level. I'm hosted by Dreamhost but only SQL thingie I have appears to only let me create an SQL database or change its name/login.

Any cool tool for making this kind of thing menu driven or do I need to execute commands somehow? Sorry, again, if this seems off base.

Plugin Contributions

We posted at the same time.

Ok, more hunting and pecking I see the format for access the SQL database but where do I enter the command line which appears to be:
    mysql -u username -ppassword -h hostname databasename

No yelling! It's not obvious to me!

Plugin Contributions

Ask Dreamhost tech support where to find phpMyAdmin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffey View Post
    Any cool tool for making this kind of thing menu driven or do I need to execute commands somehow?

Plugin Contributions

You are at the command line in telnet with that command ...

Your control panel would be something like CPanel ... where you can access your database through a browser interface using a program called phpMyAdmin ...

It would really save you time to ask your hosting site about this and how to reach both your control panel and phpMyAdmin so that you can backup your database and manage your site ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast