Plugin Contributions

help question Handling Backorders

Hi,

I've happily configured and skinned our zen cart and am quite happy with how it's all working out.

My question is about items for which we don't have enough stock. By design, i'm not showing stock levels and I am intentionally allowing orders for items out of stock.

I need to know how to process a line item on an order and leave the rest of the order open. After reviewing the forums and docs, I am posting this question. My advance apologies if I missed the answer somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

~Ray
    BouncerFL
    ++++++++++++++++
    Subtle as the 'b' in subtle.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Handling Backorders

Hi there
    I don't think ZC has got anything inbuilt to help with this. What I do when I split orders for deliveries is that I create 2 or more invoice in my accouting system and ship with those invoices.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsz View Post
    Hi there
    I don't think ZC has got anything inbuilt to help with this. What I do when I split orders for deliveries is that I create 2 or more invoice in my accouting system and ship with those invoices.

Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the reply. What I've landed on as a temporary (at least) solution is this: Cancel the order, create one order for the shippable merch. and another for the b/o stuff.

It's wholly inelegant, which is why I posted, but for now at least, it will do the trick.

So...here's a call out for a plug-in for handling backorders :)

Thanks again for your post.

Regards,
    ~Ray
    BouncerFL
    http://www.cprtools.net
    ++++++++++++++++

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Handling Backorders

The ability to handle backorders is becoming a major issue. Our company has only just started producing products, so backorders on multi-line sales are occuring regularly.

I'm not 'zenned' sufficiently to be able to write a mod for this, but it sure seems like a flag check box at the line item level and an editable qty box plus some added DB fields for 'picked' 'shipped' 'backordered' qtys is what's needed. Seems that it's an 'orders module' only mod as well.

I'd be happy to flow out the process as I see it if it will help get such a mod developed.

Any delightfully talented zenners up to the task are welcome to contact me directly.

Thanks in advance and also thanks for a great cart and awesome grass-roots support.

~Ray
    BouncerFL
    http://www.cprtools.net
    ++++++++++++++++

Plugin Contributions

My client also intentionally lets customers order something that's "out of stock" because they don't have a way to maintain an accurate inventory in the store AND online. They are constantly getting in new stock anyway.

What they really need, though, is a notation on the invoice/packing slip that the item is backordered so the person handling the orders can make that new invoice/order OR hold the order and charge the person's credit card properly (they are going to do offline processing).

Do we know if anyone is working on this?

Thanks!