Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Blank Order Number? *Site is live - please help*

Some orders are not being recorded, and I don't know why. The orders always worked for me when I tested them before going live. I even tested purchasing gift certificates, paying with paypal, using coupons, etc.

The first time it happened, I knew about the order only because I got a payment notification from paypal. But neither the customer nor I got an order confirmation email, and there was no order logged in the admin. I asked the customer if she saw the "Checkout Successful" page at the end where it confirms her order number, and she couldn't remember. So I assumed she closed the window after paying, didn't wait to be redirected back to my site, and thought maybe that messed things up. I had her go back in and order the items again, this time choosing my free payment and shipping options (since she already paid). I just wanted a record of the order, and it worked.

But now I got another payment notification from paypal, but no order to be found anywhere. I wondered if it was a problem with my freeship coupon for the first 10 customers (since that wasn't used when the 1st customer reordered), so I created an inexpensive product to buy. I went through all the checkout steps, used the coupon code, paid with paypal, and when I got to the Checkout Successful page, my order number was blank. I guess that would be why there's no record of the order...

What could be causing this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Order Number? *Site is live - please help*

Oh, and I am using v. 1.3.7.

I'm thinking this might be a problem with the coupon, but for future reference - could closing the window before being redirected back to my site cause the order to not be logged? I've added a message to my site telling the customer to wait for the redirect, just in case.

I'm currently waiting for that 2nd customer to respond with whether or not they saw the Checkout Success page, and if there was an order number.

Plugin Contributions

could closing the window before being redirected back to my site cause the order to not be logged?
    Yes, not returning to your Shop would cause a problem.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I'm pretty sure that's what happened in the first case.

I'll see what the other customer says.

I just did a test order now but with different shipping and payment options, and it gives an order number, 11. This is logged in the admin.

Did an order with freeship coupon and paypal, and it gives the previous order number - 11.

Did an order with no coupon, paypal payment, and same thing - order number 11. Neither of these last two orders are logged in the admin obviously.

I deleted order number 11 after it logged, to put my test product back in stock, but I know that doesn't override the order number, so these orders should be 12 and 13.

I don't know what's going on, because paypal has worked fine for me in the past.
    Last edited by MichellyAqua12; 14 Mar 2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added info

Plugin Contributions

I've been doing some of the tests on this page: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

I removed and re-installed the paypal module. Still showing blank order number or previous order number (if previous order was logged).

Checked ipn_main_handler.php and it's a white screen. No PHP errors.

I turned on debug logging and there are 4 files. The first one says this:

Code:
    Mar 14 2007 9:41 -- IPN FATAL ERROR::No POST data available
    Mar 14 2007 9:41 -- IPN FATAL ERROR::Could not find stored session in DB, cannot re-create session as PayPal IPN transaction.
    Mar 14 2007 9:41 -- IPN FATAL ERROR::No saved session data available
    Mar 14 2007 9:41 -- IPN NOTICE::ipn_application_top -> language files okay
    Mar 14 2007 9:42 -- IPN INFO - POST VARS  
    cmd=_notify-validate
    Mar 14 2007 9:42 -- IPN INFO - CURL INFO  
    HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    ,Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:42:00 GMT
    ,Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e
    ,Set-Cookie: cookie_check=yes; expires=Sat, 11-Mar-2017 16:42:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.paypal.com
    ,Set-Cookie: Apache=64.202.165.133.98001173890520453; path=/; expires=Fri, 06-Mar-37 16:42:00 GMT
    ,Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    ,X-Cache: MISS from wc03.inet.mesa1.secureserver.net
    ,Connection: close
    ,INVALID
    Mar 14 2007 9:42 -- IPN WARNING::Transaction was not marked as VERIFIED. Keep this report for potential use in fraud investigations.
    IPN Info = 
    HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    ,Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:42:00 GMT
    ,Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e
    ,Set-Cookie: cookie_check=yes; expires=Sat, 11-Mar-2017 16:42:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.paypal.com
    ,Set-Cookie: Apache=64.202.165.133.98001173890520453; path=/; expires=Fri, 06-Mar-37 16:42:00 GMT
    ,X-Cache: MISS from wc03.inet.mesa1.secureserver.net
    ,INVALID
    Mar 14 2007 9:42 -- IPN FATAL ERROR::Transaction did not validate
    The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th say this (I believe it is the same code in each one):

Code:
    Request Headers: array (
      0 => 'Content-Type: text/namevalue',
      1 => 'X-VPS-Timeout: 45',
      2 => 'X-VPS-VIT-Client-Type: PHP/cURL',
      3 => 'X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Product: PHP::Zen Cart WPP-NVP',
      4 => 'X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Version: 0.1',
    )
    Request Parameters: array (
      'LOCALECODE' => 'US',
      'PAYMENTACTION' => 'Sale',
      'AMT' => '24.00',
      'RETURNURL' => 'http://www.madebymichelle.net/new/ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec',
      'CANCELURL' => 'http://www.madebymichelle.net/new/index.php?main_page=login&ec_cancel=1',
      'PAGESTYLE' => 'Primary',
      'METHOD' => 'SetExpressCheckout',
      'CURRENCYCODE' => 'USD',
      'VERSION' => '2.3',
    )
    Response: array (
      '' => NULL,
    )
    SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 189044ms; Failed
    No response from server
    Can anyone decipher that for me?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm no expert by any means, but from what your logs show I'd guess that at least part of the issue is that the charge didn't validate with your processor.

Mar 14 2007 9:41 -- IPN FATAL ERROR::No POST data available
    Mar 14 2007 9:41 -- IPN FATAL ERROR::Could not find stored session in DB, cannot re-create session as PayPal IPN transaction.
    Mar 14 2007 9:42 -- IPN WARNING::Transaction was not marked as VERIFIED. Keep this report for potential use in fraud investigations.
    The 'No POST data available' statement is, I think, at the crux of the issue.

I'm sure someone with more ZC experience will be able to help more, but those things surely glared out for me when reading your posts.

Sorry to not have a solution....but I"ll be reading the reply thread with interest.

Regards,
    ~Ray
    BouncerFL
    http://www.cprtools.net/
    ++++++++++++++++
    Subtle as the 'b' in subtle.

Plugin Contributions

I tested again today, and now the logs are saying this:

Code:
    Mar 16 2007 10:10 -- IPN NOTICE::ipn_application_top -> language files okay
    Mar 16 2007 10:10 -- IPN INFO - POST VARS  
    mc_gross=0.01&address_status=confirmed&payer_id=9H9R5H866NNJQ&tax=0.00&address_street=1126+Boylston+St&payment_date=10%3A10%3A33+Mar+16%2C+2007+PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=02215&first_name=Daniel&mc_fee=0.01&address_country_code=US&address_name=Michelle+Brown&notify_version=2.1&custom=zenid%3Dbfcc0cafb1d886b2ae29a90a4c62fce2&payer_status=unverified&business=michelle%40madebymichelle.net&address_country=United+States&address_city=Boston&quantity=1&verify_sign=AwNokxgcuPDG5pq3tqSrXwB7HTQ9AKSBYLMuKoRQePfotUGOFG-hYaQm&payer_email=Dadaya2000%40aol.com&txn_id=7S439179YG126451X&payment_type=instant&last_name=Hernandez&address_state=MA&receiver_email=michelle%40madebymichelle.net&payment_fee=0.01&receiver_id=CQ8A8VXJQXMXN&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Made+by+Michelle+Purchase&mc_currency=USD&item_number=1&residence_country=US&payment_gross=0.01&shipping=0.00&cmd=_notify-validate
    Mar 16 2007 10:10 -- IPN INFO - CURL INFO  
    HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    ,Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:10:36 GMT
    ,Set-Cookie: cookie_check=yes; expires=Mon, 13-Mar-2017 17:10:36 GMT; path=/; domain=.paypal.com
    ,Set-Cookie: Apache=64.202.165.131.63571174065036617; path=/; expires=Sun, 08-Mar-37 17:10:36 GMT
    ,X-Cache: MISS from wc01.inet.mesa1.secureserver.net
    ,VERIFIED
    Those don't seem like errors to me, so why isn't it working? Could it just be backed up from the previous orders that didn't go through?

I really need this fixed...

Plugin Contributions

Help? Anyone? Please?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Please install the latest patch to PayPal, found here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

It fixes a number of IPN problems as well as Express Checkout issues.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!!!!! My test order with paypal just worked, so I hope that means the problem is fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast